Anti Everton Pundits

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 articles on the BBC this morning. I can’t help but have a yap here and I’m probably over egging the pudding. Basically, the undertone/message I got from both articles was that United were just god awful and had things been as god intended then they should be hammering the likes of us Not only that, but it wasn’t so much that we were good it was down to a combination of luck and United being in a state of depression.

I’ve put the links in and pasted a few quotes.

The oracle - Jermaine Jenas
Nowt from him about how cabbage we were at that time of the season, particularly defensively and at home!

They should have gone toe-to-toe with Everton from the start, like Tottenham did before Christmas when they went to Goodison Park and destroyed them 6-2.

Spurs were in Everton's faces and gave them no time on the ball. They played like they believed they were better than Everton, and said 'we are going to press you and dictate the tempo of this game'.

Talking about United
“They were up against a team with Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Bernard at the top end, who are not the quickest.”

Both are quick! (and cost a combined 1.5m) and DCL has occupied Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and United back lines and that we haven’t conceded a goal against any of them. Nothing or little about Uniteds frontline being enormously more expensive and quicker than our backline and how we completely nullified them with their only shot on target coming in the 86th minute.

The insufferable Garth Crooks - we had 2 players on the team by the way. No place for Digne or Gana.

Seamus Coleman: He now wears the Everton captain's armband and justifiably so. Seamus Coleman has played a massive part in the victories over Arsenal, Chelsea and now Manchester United. United were poor at Goodison Park and while they should be beating the likes of Everton, the emotional impact of losing to Barcelona in the Champions League cannot be underestimated.

Gylfi Sigurdsson: It's not that long ago that Everton were going through a shocking period of games and there were questions raised about manager Marco Silva's suitability for the job. Gylfi Sigurdsson has emerged as one of the shining lights in Everton's resurgence since that period. His goal against a mentally shattered Manchester United was pivotal in Everton's excellent 4-0 victory at Goodison Park.

Give us more credit you cretins!!!!!

2 articles on the BBC this morning. I can’t help but have a yap here and I’m probably over egging the pudding. Basically, the undertone/message I got from both articles was that United were just god awful and had things been as god intended then they should be hammering the likes of us Not only that, but it wasn’t so much that we were good it was down to a combination of luck and United being in a state of depression.

Nowt from him about how cabbage we were at that time of the season, particularly defensively and at home!

They should have gone toe-to-toe with Everton from the start, like Tottenham did before Christmas when they went to Goodison Park and destroyed them 6-2.

Spurs were in Everton's faces and gave them no time on the ball. They played like they believed they were better than Everton, and said 'we are going to press you and dictate the tempo of this game'.

Talking about United
“They were up against a team with Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Bernard at the top end, who are not the quickest.”

Both are quick! (and cost a combined 1.5m) and DCL has occupied Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and United back lines and that we haven’t conceded a goal against any of them. Nothing or little about Uniteds frontline being enormously more expensive and quicker than our backline and how we completely nullified them with their only shot on target coming in the 86th minute.

The insufferable Garth Crooks - we had 2 players on the team by the way. No place for Digne or Gana.

Seamus Coleman: He now wears the Everton captain's armband and justifiably so. Seamus Coleman has played a massive part in the victories over Arsenal, Chelsea and now Manchester United. United were poor at Goodison Park and while they should be beating the likes of Everton, the emotional impact of losing to Barcelona in the Champions League cannot be underestimated.

Gylfi Sigurdsson: It's not that long ago that Everton were going through a shocking period of games and there were questions raised about manager Marco Silva's suitability for the job. Gylfi Sigurdsson has emerged as one of the shining lights in Everton's resurgence since that period. His goal against a mentally shattered Manchester United was pivotal in Everton's excellent 4-0 victory at Goodison Park.

Regarding that Spurs game.

We were as good as they were for the first twenty minutes or half hour and went a goal up....and had a very soft decision go against us to rule out a second.

Then Pickford intervened and we collapsed.

Even at that, we came out fighting in the second half only to be knocked back again with a sucker punch at, I think, 2-4.

God, I hate those pundits.

Itv breakfast according to my wife the news banner had plenty of mentions of the rs.
Even my wife said it was only effin Cardiff and she has no interest in togger.

I never bother watching the pundits or care what they say. I do read the odd newspaper report on our games .I make my own mind up on how good or bad we play and how the opposition play.So reading thier comments on this and other threads makes me laugh.
They appear to have thier own agenda I.e the team they used to play for is the best and only the top 6 matter. Let them think that as really it doesn’t matter what they think or say.Neutral fans will make up their own mind about how good or bad another team are,as I do when I watch a game,except RS of course

Don’t think they’re anti-everton, just pro a select few clubs. We’re still a pretty big club so just think about how it feels to be an actual small club and constantly ignored rather than sometimes.

Talking about United

The one thing that you can't criticise DCL for is him not having any pace. He is quick af and the stats prove it. This season his top speed = 34.935 km/h - vs Southampton which put his as the second quickest in the league after the first 8 games. Jenas is an idiot and I don't why he is employed because all he does is rim lick Spurs and he was a crap player as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.