Anti Everton Pundits

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pundits very much don't really take much notice of us due to them promoting the top 6. But fans on the other hand, tend to show us a lot of respect when you talk to them.

To an extent it's just what gets the clicks - these are teams with big fan bases and, maybe more importantly, teams who other fans love mouthing off about (just look at the witless comments under any article about the top 6, moaning about "chelski" or "manure", or "citeh buying the league" etc). But I reckon that to a large degree the incessant focus on a small handful of clubs is what reinforces interest in them - it's self-fulfilling. It's annoying too because it's not like these stories change much:
Chelsea are doing alright, but it looks like their players aren't fighting for an aloof manager!
It could be Liverpool's year - but will they bottle it?
Is this Spurs really a great team until it wins anything? (Weirdly that one's never asked of Liverpool).

And that in turn highlights one of the problems with the coverage in general. It's just so bland and anodyne, just set up to appeal to the casual viewer (who will mainly 'support' the top 6) and so the whole thing is geared towards that. There's no attempt by the person chairing the debate to say 'No, i'm giving you provable facts here, you can't just bulldoze over it with an incorrect opinion' they just let them carry on unchallenged and the average viewer goes away thinking 'Yeah Tim Sherwood's right there, what is the point in Everton?', reinforcing their negative view of us and highlighting how lucky they are to support Liverpool. The whole thing is awful.

They should really allow a supporter to challenge Sherwood on his nonsense, and make him listen to it on television and have his ego dragged down a few rungs. There would be no shortage of volunteers.

To an extent it's just what gets the clicks - these are teams with big fan bases and, maybe more importantly, teams who other fans love mouthing off about (just look at the witless comments under any article about the top 6, moaning about "chelski" or "manure", or "citeh buying the league" etc). But I reckon that to a large degree the incessant focus on a small handful of clubs is what reinforces interest in them - it's self-fulfilling. It's annoying too because it's not like these stories change much:
Chelsea are doing alright, but it looks like their players aren't fighting for an aloof manager!
It could be Liverpool's year - but will they bottle it?
Is this Spurs really a great team until it wins anything? (Weirdly that one's never asked of Liverpool).

This is all well and good and to be expected of Sky and BT but the BBC are also guilty of it and it isn't right.

Do this test,
when Everton are on TV, following the kick off, time how long it is before the commentator mentions the RS, then (if you can bear it) do the same when they play.
We’re like the Pippa Middleton of football....

Quite.
Even though Barca played man u last night, the bbc website still had to mention the rs with an article about Klopp and Firminio's dentist ffs.

Impartial bbc? Its like my licence fee pays for their advertising.

I didn't read it mate, but if that is true, its an absolute joke!

Memories On Facebook this came up from 2014

"lol at Paul Merson saying Everton not good enough to be in the top 4 because we struggled against Sunderland and Fulham but conveniently forgot us taking Arsenal to pieces last week"

I dislike most of them. Not because they do or dont say nice stuff about Everton, more they are generally clueless and/or biased. Or have an agenda to build up some edgy media personna. (Savage, Sutton for exhibit A and B)

Ones that are ok to call their own club out, or at least the one they are most associated with, tend to get my ear over the cheer leaders. Yeah, that lot generally.

The reporter is new to the Echo's Everton reporting. "Adam joined the Liverpool ECHO in October 2017 and became Everton reporter in March 2018, following the Blues home and away". Part of the Echo trying to suck up to Evertonians. He'll be cut down to size when he conflicts with the RS dominated Echo narrative.

Well, I think fair play to the lad, partly for thinking like most of us on here but to actually put it to print is another thing...

Hopefully he continues writing more of the same ballsy content!

I dislike most of them. Not because they do or dont say nice stuff about Everton, more they are generally clueless and/or biased. Or have an agenda to build up some edgy media personna. (Savage, Sutton for exhibit A and B)

Ones that are ok to call their own club out, or at least the one they are most associated with, tend to get my ear over the cheer leaders. Yeah, that lot generally.
Sutton annoys the hell out of me,just think's he is so good and trys to argue back without letting someone give there answer to whatever the question may be-may as well ask and answer

Status
Not open for further replies.