2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much ado about nothing in that case. A bit like in the Stones summer, their interest wasn't really serious. The cynic in me thinks they were trying to unsettle him to get him on the cheap
I posted last night that I was convinced once Chelsea got their £40/45m bid knocked back they no longer had any interest and the rest of it was just media nonsense. Seems to have been bang on the money. Obviously we need to tie him to an extended contract asap, but I hope we don't go giving him silly money yet, make him earn it.

Then they should have made that clear and walked instead of feeding the media.
The are right though. I think he’s worth 20-25 million. That’s why I’d have taken the money, ran with it and bought 4-5 better players than those we are going to get to strengthen the squad.

The are right though. I think he’s worth 20-25 million. That’s why I’d have taken the money, ran with it and bought 4-5 better players than those we are going to get to strengthen the squad.
"4-5" better players than Gordon for 40 mill...

Fella your are so wasted on an internet forum, your obviously some kind of genius if you can eke out those kind of players for that meagre price.

Acrobat for director of football at Goodison Park I say...

Your posts and insights are almost akin to watching John Nash in "A Beautiful Mind" hurrah....

LOOK HOW BIG MY EARS ARE KENNETH

1662021819149.jpeg

"4-5" better players than Gordon for 40 mill...

Fella your are so wasted on an internet forum, your obviously some kind of genius if you can eke out those kind of players for that meagre price.

Acrobat for director of football at Goodison Park I say...

Your posts and insights are almost akin to watching John Nash in "A Beautiful Mind" hurrah....
That's NOT what I said. I said, 4-5 players better than the ones we are going for.

Up to you Gordon...our survival depends on you and only you...we need you to score goals and assists and please do not get sent off...

Glad he's still our player. Whether he still wants to go to Chelsea, is hoping to get into the World Cup squad or both, he should be plenty motivated until January at least, which bodes well for us.

So we’ve managed to keep the lad after all. Feels like the greatest signing of this transfer window (if he continues performing that way)!

Status
Not open for further replies.