2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not making him out to be any such thing.

But even if I were, to say he should be out performing Foden is ridiculous.

Its like saying Onana should outdo KDB, or a striker should outdo Haaland. It's completely unrealistic.

If he was outperforming Foden, in this squad, he would be levels above Foden. I dont think theres a young player in world football who's levels above Foden. You are setting an unachievable goal for him to then state hes not good enough.

All people like me are doing is pointing out the flaw in this, and say judge him on some vaguely sensible goals.
You are though. You’ve literally called him world class and one of the best young players in Europe and then when someone says well why doesn’t he produce at that level you laugh as if they’re the ones saying the mad stuff. It’s honestly quite weird.

You are though. You’ve literally called him world class and one of the best young players in Europe and then when someone says well why doesn’t he produce at that level you laugh as if they’re the ones saying the mad stuff. It’s honestly quite weird.

He’s got a history of wildly overrating Everton players to a quite embarrassing extent. Never learns.

I think the main issue for many thread dwellers isn't getting £50m for a 'good' player, which is actually an insane amount on the face of it... It's that many don't trust that the money would be spent well by the board, Thelwell and Lampard to improve the XI this window.

And probably somewhat pee'd off that we're selling First XI players that will need replacing, while we still have the likes of Gbamin, Davies, Holgate, Rondon, Begovic, Keane and Gomes on the books. I get that.

Gordon is very, very unlikely to ever be worth £50m in the future... I'd currently put his true value somewhere around £30m + future incentives. I'd have concerns if we were looking to buy him from another club for £30m-£35m as there are better non British players across the continent that would likely be cheaper.

I don't believe Gordon has asked to leave unless he's a) Massively changed his attitude since last season or b) His agent has been sounding out clubs for a pay day which in turn had contributed to a)

I'd personally sell for £50m and understand we all have different views on this.

We should not be selling Gordon at all
Dam good player that will get better
Conte and Tuchel know their players
Some things about his game will improve with time
His attitude is bang on for me. Don’t understand why fans of this club want rid of him for 40 or 50 million
Jack Grealish went to city for 100 mill. Think about that. Overated IMO
I prefer Gordon personally

His attitude is bang on for me. Don’t understand why fans of this club want rid of him for 40 or 50 million
Just to be clear, you think Gordon is better then Grealish?

Just to be clear, you think Gordon is better then Grealish?
I think Gordon is a really good player.
His work rate is unreal. Gets back and tackles. Takes the game to the opposition. His only downfall is he tries to do too much and final ball at times
Grealish has great skill but I prefer Gordon as he offers a bit of everything.
Opinions mate

That was a release clause, I don't think anyone thought Grealish was actually worth £100m at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.