2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he isn't going to train, then he needs to be sold as soon as possible and we need to move on. If we can get 35m guaranteed, and a load of other incentives and a sell on clause etc, then we need to do the deal. Our negotiating position is weakened with every day that goes by. We aren't getting that bid of 50 or 60m like was talked about in the summer. If our best offer is in the 30m - 40m range, then we still need to take it.
I don't know who thinks we are going to get that for him, he just isn't worth that sort of figure. If he had kicked on a bit this season I could see it but he hasn't.

Doesnt play at 10 really and a player played with we as fans would consider a centre forward, he has high shot rates and low creation rates - thats indictive of having to do it all yourself really - which t be fair to the las isnt far from the truth. Sky had a stat accumulation of im that would also indicate a level of effort but also the isolation i describe.

lcimg-1aa0bb50-e46f-435c-b4f6-eb2206a1fcaf.jpeg

I know you aren't going after him mate, but i do believe a lot of confirmation bias goes into unnecessary stats, you will always find the stat that backs up your belief and believe its the correct one. Im not sure there is a mountain of evidence at all mate. Though i think hes a massive Ted for being so unprofessional the last few days, thats just wrong.
He plays behind the striker and fails to create opportunities mate. He also ranks highly in other things, as you've shown. Given his evident lack of workrate at times this season I'd say some of that reflects poorly on the team and coaching.

It's not confirmation bias, I just don't think he's that good right now that we should turn down a sizeable offer, if one comes in.

He's now being a massive ted as you say, and forcing a move. I'm not defending any fans who have raged at him or how the club manage to pile tons on young players, either.

But he wants out, we need money and with Gordon as a regular in the team we've finished 16th and are currently 19th and look like we're a sinking ship. If he's not fully committed, we need to move him on. It's a shame, but he's not good enough to get worried about losing IMO. He might be in a few years but Everton don't have time to wait. A sad reality of where we are at.

FWIW, though, if you're a player who plays off a striker or behind them in the three, you need to be creating more than eight chances in 16 games.

I genuinely don't know why Newcastle would want him. Homegrown quota for the future? He's not very good, he's very quickly growing out of a prospect age, and he thinks he's way better than he is. They can attract Isak types now, it's mad to go for Gordon for the figures quoted. I guess having unlimited money will lead to things like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.