2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. And I said if Chelsea do cough up £60M it'll change. But that figure's always been a deterrent.

Feels to me that the £60m figure has ben put out there by somebody to test the waters as to how it would be received. Who would release it? Everton, Chelsea, agent? I have no idea, but something just stinks about it

If we continue to shop in Aldi on the bases thst we are keeping Gordon, only for big blue bill to fold at the last minute and sell him, NONE of that 60 million will be spent this window, and most likely disappear into the abyss.

Theres going to be some serious serious anger towards him & the board with potential fall outs like seen never before.

We no way can bring in higher quality players leaving it last minute.

I’m beginning to fear that’s the plan

If we continue to shop in Aldi on the bases thst we are keeping Gordon, only for big blue bill to fold at the last minute and sell him, NONE of that 60 million will be spent this window, and most likely disappear into the abyss.

Theres going to be some serious serious anger towards him & the board with potential fall outs like seen never before.

Transfer Deadline Night: 30 minutes to the window "slamming shut", Bill Kenwright: "We have not received and bid and we wouldn't sell him for 50 million"

1 minute to the window "slamming shut", Bill Kenwright: - "We received a late bid from Chelsea, Anthony range me and told me that it's breaking his heart to leave, but it's too good an offer for him to refuse as his girlfriend and agent live in London, so we both shed a few tears and recounted the great times. Despite our best efforts, we ran out of time to reinvest the 32.5 million that we ruthlessly wrung out of Chelsea - and, anyway, we'd just heard that our main target - Alan Shearer - was already on his way to Newcastle. We will go with what we have."

10 minutes after the window has "slammed shut" - "Good Ebenig, Jim!"

I think IF the £60m bid actually comes in (and doesn't have more than ~£10m in add-ons) and IF we find a suitable replacement, this will happen. But I'm much less confident that the bid is coming, and I do think that all of those things would need to happen. Definitely gone a bit quiet the last few days. It will be interesting to see what role he plays tomorrow - Lampard made it sound like he'll start.

If he ends up not getting sold, I'm supporting him 100% and won't hold the club's decision over him in the slightest. I'd like to see him cut out some of the drama and feigning injuries, but I really like him as a player. One of my favorites as the club right now without a doubt. He provides a lot of value off the ball so can't be judged entirely by counting stats at this point, similar to Richy. Hence why Tuchel and Conte are interested in him.

I'm wondering if we're trying to get a player in exchange and maybe even another on loan and that's delaying things
It's getting towards the point where that might be the only way it gets done, because unless we are already working on a quality replacement there won't be time to get one sorted unless it's a player or players coming directly the other way.

I still reckon he goes but we won’t get a suitable replacement in (maybe a Gallagher on loan).

Might be good for him to start scoring some goals tomorrow to prove his worth..che adams like…

I'm wondering if we're trying to get a player in exchange and maybe even another on loan and that's delaying things

It's getting towards the point where that might be the only way it gets done, because unless we are already working on a quality replacement there won't be time to get one sorted unless it's a player or players coming directly the other way.
Could be partly convincing that player to come, whether it be Broja, Gallagher, Gilmour etc. Could even be someone surprising like Pulisic or Chalobah.

I'm not convinced the £60m bid is coming, though.

Why would "Blue Bill" do that. He's nothing but a paid figurehead now.

Like a bigger version of his "Arteta money" scam.

Status
Not open for further replies.