2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
We sold Richarlison and brought in Dwight McNeil, what makes you think we’ll sell Gordon and bring in someone good?
I think the process for deciding targets is better, if you believe someone like Kudus and MGW were actually targets that's abundantly clear.

We should right now be in a position where we can turn down bids for our young up and coming players with 10 days of the window to go, but alas we are not. £50m for Anthony Gordon in our current situation is far too good to turn down.

Never forget why we’re in this position and the people who have put us here.
But there’ll still be fans who want hear a bad word about said people

He's yet to really be used like that, I know Dominic Calvert-Lewin is hurt but still he's been doing the exact opposite thus far.

I badly hope we aren't making long term style of play choices with Dominic Calvert-Lewin in mind, and I like Dom.
I mean im not judging him on what ive seen so far, nor have I watched him a lot for Burnley, but there is a hope that we can utilise that left foot of his.

I dont think he was brought to replace Richarlison, I think we thought, as you say that Gordon could do that.

But then Doms knee fell off and the whole club seemed to combust.

So yeah, we made long term plans based on somebody who missed 30 games last season.

Does anything this club does still surprise you?

I mean im not judging him on what ive seen so far, nor have I watched him a lot for Burnley, but there is a hope that we can utilise that left foot of his.

I dont think he was brought to replace Richarlison, I think we thought, as you say that Gordon could do that.

But then Doms knee fell off and the whole club seemed to combust.

So yeah, we made long term plans based on somebody who missed 30 games last season.

Does anything this club does still surprise you?
I think for McNeil to be anything but Chris Brunt he has to try to play like James did when he was on the right. He'll never be as good but that's his path to even being decent. On the left he's crap, simple as that really.

So that's why I don't see him as a Richarlison replacement because simply he's not doing anything we ever asked Richarlison to do. And Gordon who has been asked to do similar things seems to make more sense as a homegrown replacement so to speak. He's going now so we'll need to look outside the club.

I could 100% see Frank wanting to bring Ross Barkley home and revitalize his and Tom Davies's careers alongside Anthony Gordon, if for nothing else than to make a statement about connection to the community and the importance of building on and investing in the youth system. Not likely, but it has a nice sound to it.
A new Blue Holy Trinity. Make it happen Frank!

Status
Not open for further replies.