2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not gonna be digging the lad out personally.

Hes being asked to do a job hes totally not suited to.

Judge him when he can get somewhere he can make a difference.
I get that but Dunc mentioned on Sky during the Chelsea match that young Anthony is looking to play through the middle as a forward longer term.

No one hates Everton players more than Everton supporters

Watched that with my United supporting uncle and he loved Gordon

All of the non-Evertonians at work are full of praise for him and think we’ve got a player for the future

Come on forums like this and it’s people queuing up to have a pop

Look I’ll happily critique Gordon if he’s bad, but he wasn’t bad today. He wasn’t amazing but he had some bright moments and wasn’t close to being our worst player

At this rate we’re going to run the poor lad off

The whole “people are too positive about Gordon so we’re just redressing the balance” argument doesn’t hold water either because the insane ultra negatively towards Gordon came WAY before anyone really started supporting him

Like with most young players, a selection of the very worst element of our support wrote him off early and now he HAS to fail or otherwise they’d have to admit they were wrong, so Gordon will be barracked from now until the end of time, with every average performance getting slated and every good one being waved off

Honestly as a fan base we need to take a look at ourselves

No one hates Everton players more than Everton supporters

Watched that with my United supporting uncle and he loved Gordon

All of the non-Evertonians at work are full of praise for him and think we’ve got a player for the future

Come on forums like this and it’s people queuing up to have a pop

Look I’ll happily critique Gordon if he’s bad, but he wasn’t bad today. He wasn’t amazing but he had some bright moments and wasn’t close to being our worst player

At this rate we’re going to run the poor lad off

The whole “people are too positive about Gordon so we’re just redressing the balance” argument doesn’t hold water either because the insane ultra negatively towards Gordon came WAY before anyone really started supporting him

Like with most young players, a selection of the very worst element of our support wrote him off early and now he HAS to fail or otherwise they’d have to admit they were wrong, so Gordon will be barracked from now until the end of time, with every average performance getting slated and every good one being waved off

Honestly as a fan base we need to take a look at ourselves
Same with Davies. Thought he worked tirelessly today and was unlucky not to score. Gained us yards on the pitch taking players on and ran himself into the ground.

Played better when pushed wide, he is not and never will be a centre forward.
This. People rightly saying he isn't a centre forward and played terrible there today but it's not his position. Also to his credit seen him do a few good runs and not be sought out because other than iwobi the rest of the midfield were brain-dead.

Looked to have done more in his cameo out wide than the entire game up to that point. Leave him there and drop Gray or McNeil who were as shocking but in their preferred position.

Agree but I have a slight hope in McNeil. Gray hasn't been great
Think McNeil will be a different player when there's an actual striker in the team. Hard to come from Burnley with there's always a big lump up front to play off of to here where there's been nothing so far and as well only being 2 games in, he's probably still getting to know people and their runs and all that. Gordon and Gray don't have an excuses though, basically been main stays of the team for the past year and are absolutely stinking it up at the minute, it'd be one thing if the team created nothing and never even got the ball to them but it's actually the opposite, they get everything we create and would constantly be on the ball if they got in the right positions and didn't always give it away trying something stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.