2020/21 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

FREE ANTHONY GORDON

Scored on that training exercise yesterday. Nice through ball from JPG.

Could use his pace snd energy.

Carlo didn’t want to play the kids.

Play the kids.

Couldn’t get in the Preston team = unlikely to have a future here.

….it is a bit odd as he looks like he has everything a player needs at that level. I expected him to be arrogant and really enjoy himself but something is holding him back.

Also, points are vital and managers tend to stick with tried & trusted. Barkley went on loan under Warnock & struggled for game time, came back & became a full international. I like Gordon, I thought he had a chance but your post is perfectly reasonable. It’s up to the lad now.

….it is a bit odd as he looks like he has everything a player needs at that level. I expected him to be arrogant and really enjoy himself but something is holding him back.

Also, points are vital and managers tend to stick with tried & trusted. Barkley went on loan under Warnock & struggled for game time, came back & became a full international. I like Gordon, I thought he had a chance but your post is perfectly reasonable. It’s up to the lad now.

got all the ability, decent pace, dare i say it looks tentative, lacks a bit of belief or aggression.

got all the ability, decent pace, dare i say it looks tentative, lacks a bit of belief or aggression.

….yep, I tend to agree about ‘belief’. The very best have an arrogance, i always get the impression he plays ‘safe’ with the first team rather than taking the game to the opposition. It might take a moment or a specific incident to make him feel like he belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.