another Whoopsie

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's a midweek cup game with a heavily discounted ticket price. What were the club expecting? That supporters would turn up half an hour before kick off to buy a ticket and in doing so would queue and miss the entire first half? This is a f*cking Premiership football club. What gives?

As I said I turned up to collect a pre booked ticket and if the game would not have been put back I've have missed the entire first half. As it is I missed the first three goals and had to queue in the rain before getting to my seat at gone 8.35pm. It's sh*te really. Despite pre booking a ticket I was told to queue in a massive queue containing everyone. Would it not be too far fetched to suggest a provision of a separate queue for those who've already purchased a ticket?

Regardless, it was an absolute shambles. Let's not give the club an easy ride here when it's just f*cked over a few thousand of it's own fans by being incapable of handling a match day even filled less than 65% of it's capacity.

You can be contrary for internet's sakes but you're being very ignorant.

That's piss poor that. If you've turned up on the night without a ticket & haven't left enough time before KO you can't really moan that much. But if you've pre-ordered & still have to stand in the same queue, whats the point in pre-ordering? as there's no advantage over just turning up!

They should have had 1 of the offices solely for collections & the other 2 for sales on the night.

The queue moved a lot quicker than I thought it would.

My naivety was fully exposed tonight, I thought the whole "arrive early" business was for people who were gonna pay on the gate, I booked my tickets on Monday and thought i'd be in & out...ahh well, made it in with plenty of time.

I'll get there a week early next time.

If only tickets were available to be purchased before matchday!

oh wait...

If you don't own a season ticket the earliest you could order them was thursday morning. Which was what I did. That then arrived on the wednesday post shortly before I had to catch a train to the game. If I'd lived any further away or ordered a day later then getting a ticket through the post wouldn't have been an option. So if I bought a ticket in advanace, I'd have to pick it up from the ticket office before the game.

The problem here is that people coming to pick up tickets that they'd already bought were in the same line as people coming to buy them. That's why people who had ordered and paid for their tickets up to eight days before the match were having to queue for more than an hour to get in and missed most of the everton goals.

It's not the fans fault. Full stop.

derp2vb1.jpg

"DERRRRP!"

Larger concert venues allow you to print the ticket out yourself - maybe this would have helped.

The queues were horrendous last night, I had two friends who came over from North Wales and queued an hour for their preordered tickets.

Poor form to laugh at fellow evertonians misfortunes....

I know a bit about ticketing for venues and I have to say Everton are normally pretty good to be honest. I feel sorry for the guys who missed a good proportion of the match due to not being able to get their tickets- they would have been better off doing the ticket pick ups on the turnstyles- done some quick boards with A-H G- to whatever for surnames to then distribute the pre paid tickets to.

Hindsight eh

I know a bit about ticketing for venues and I have to say Everton are normally pretty good to be honest. I feel sorry for the guys who missed a good proportion of the match due to not being able to get their tickets- they would have been better off doing the ticket pick ups on the turnstyles- done some quick boards with A-H G- to whatever for surnames to then distribute the pre paid tickets to.

Hindsight eh

The problem is though its happened before.

Took my 7 year daughter to her first game. Traffic on M60 and M62 a nightmare normal 45mins took my nearly an hour and three quarters to get to the ground. I couldnt set off any earlier due to work commitments. All the way my daughter was saying are we going to get to the ground in time. Arrived at the ground at 7:25 got in the ground for 8:35 having got soaked waiting in the queue. OK the club has a point but not all fans who have a distance to travel to games, can get to the ground 2 hours before kick off. However surely the club must have been aware of the high number of pre ordered tickets that were due to be collected and as a result put on every staff to meet the demand. What has bothered me more is my daughter is reluctant to go again and after last night you cant blame her.

Hahahahaha

Bet you was fuming lad, You should have shown everyone in the queue your triceps lad and demanded they move before you got them all in a mass head lock

Didn't have a coat on either and it started raining lad. The fume levels went up like.

That's piss poor that. If you've turned up on the night without a ticket & haven't left enough time before KO you can't really moan that much. But if you've pre-ordered & still have to stand in the same queue, whats the point in pre-ordering? as there's no advantage over just turning up!

They should have had 1 of the offices solely for collections & the other 2 for sales on the night.

Is right. Some blues are falling over themselves to defend the club when as I said before how hard would it have been to manage the crowd and have two separate queues? One for walk up business, one for pre booked. Even then it's not fair on the walk up business as they have to anticipate them sort of numbers turning up when they have a heavily discounted ticket.

To make it worst I had to walk past Ghost who was half way up the queue the nazi [Poor language removed]! He well seen the first three goals.

It was a shambles, I too bought them in advance, and arrived 25 mins before kickoff to collect and missed the whole first half. I live in Manchester so couldn't collect in advance.

Solutions are obvious, as another poster said, print your own. It's not hard. Or have a system whereby they can swipe your card and bring up your booking on each turnstyle. That also wouldn't be hard. Don't see why we need a piece of paper anymore at all.

It's 2012 and last night was an embarrassment for the club.

Are you honestly criticising those who paid for tickets for a League Cup game for not turning up over an hour early rather than the club for bastardising the process?

Well I would have thought the club would, you know, warn people about the crowds and perhaps turn up early. But I guess not. Anything to have a gripe at the club I suppose. We're actually signing people this season so have to gripe about somthing.

You live in New Zealand, don't go the match, don't buy any tickets, therefore you shouldn't be commenting in this thread.

:lol: Oh it's the i'm a better fan than you because i live in Liverpool comment! Love it mate.

Ps - Go **** yourself. For all you know I could have moved here recently and spent 20 years as a match going fan. What a moron you are.

Well I would have thought the club would, you know, warn people about the crowds and perhaps turn up early. But I guess not. Anything to have a gripe at the club I suppose. We're actually signing people this season so have to gripe about somthing.

Because people missing four everton goals standing in a queue for an hour to get tickets they'd already bought isn't something they're allowed to be upset about. Anything to have a swipe at fellow fans, like.

Status
Not open for further replies.