Another False Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

paultheblue

Player Valuation: £35m
When Moshiri bought into the club I was delighted we have been waiting so long for someone to come along and make us great again.
When he brought Koeman to the club I wasnt over excited but could see his reasons for doing so also the Walsh appointment made sense.Last season wasn't great but there seemed to be progress made.My first concerns with the new regime was during the transfer window which started well enough bringing in Pickford and Keane looked like good moves then the wheels came off we brought Rooney back then spent an age chasing Sigerdson and massively overpaid instead of focussing on the positions we really needed.
I have always had concerns about this 49% thing as I just wanted a clean sweep of the old guard.My opinion of Moshiri has completly changed over these last few weeks and I have come to realise he is weak and just full of piss and wind.
We will never see our new dockland stadium it' just not going to happen. The fella has gone from Simone to appointing the biggest peice of slime in football. This fat headed baffoon will take us down and will cost us millions in the process.

Sweet dreams blues cos that's all we have left

We shouldn't have sacked Koeman. As bad as it became under him, he wouldnt have taken us down, then get rid of him in the summer. It's just that the expectations were so high going into the season that when those expectations weren't being realized the reaction was to call for the managers head. BSA is a panic move and i think we should take a step back from. I often wonder what it would look like when we finally got relegated and one look at Big Sam walking into Goodison Park is a thought that fills me more with dread rather than hope. Okay, he's never been relegated but he's had some close ones and I fear that statistic will change when he takes us down and then rides off into the sunset

When Moshiri bought into the club I was delighted we have been waiting so long for someone to come along and make us great again.
When he brought Koeman to the club I wasnt over excited but could see his reasons for doing so also the Walsh appointment made sense.Last season wasn't great but there seemed to be progress made.My first concerns with the new regime was during the transfer window which started well enough bringing in Pickford and Keane looked like good moves then the wheels came off we brought Rooney back then spent an age chasing Sigerdson and massively overpaid instead of focussing on the positions we really needed.
I have always had concerns about this 49% thing as I just wanted a clean sweep of the old guard.My opinion of Moshiri has completly changed over these last few weeks and I have come to realise he is weak and just full of piss and wind.
We will never see our new dockland stadium it' just not going to happen. The fella has gone from Simone to appointing the biggest peice of slime in football. This fat headed baffoon will take us down and will cost us millions in the process.

Sweet dreams blues cos that's all we have left

Everton were never going to get Simeone. Nonsense media talk that was lapped up by our deluded supporters.

Let's look at that decision for a moment. 3rd in one of the best leagues in the world, ahead of their City rivals who happen to be the biggest club in the World, playing in a nice new Stadium with a team that won the league recently and has played in the CL final to join some once successful team in England full of spineless cowards sat in 16th, in a outdated much smaller Stadium, who have one underdog Cup win to their name in the last 30 years. Hmmm tough decision there lol.

The realistic available options were Dyche, Allardyce, van Gaal, Fonseca, O'Neill. Silva was a move destined to fail given he'd only been in his new job for 3 months and then you have completely unrealistic names like Simeone, Ancelotti, Tuchel.

Of all those names mentioned (including the more 'glamorous' 3 names), only 2 fit the bill for me as being fit for where we are at this current moment - Dyche and Allardyce. Dyche would only come for a longer period of time and if we do manage to stay up i'd be hoping we could attract a better manager than him in the Summer, but if we end up 15th then Dyche may be our level. As it stands Dyche would be daft to leave Burnley at this current moment in time and if in the unlikely event he got them 7th and we came around 15th, he may not even want to come anyway.

A reality check is needed for some of our fans it seems.

Because Unsworth is doing so well right now. :Blink:

Also, in no way in hell were we ever going to get someone like Ancelotti. Why would he come to us? And don't tell me 'because we've got history' or whatever, history is in the past. This is now. We are not as big as we used to be and money hasn't saved us. Allardyce is our level.
Everton were never going to get Simeone. Nonsense media talk that was lapped up by our deluded supporters.

Let's look at that decision for a moment. 3rd in one of the best leagues in the world, ahead of their City rivals who happen to be the biggest club in the World, playing in a nice new Stadium with a team that won the league recently and has played in the CL final to join some once successful team in England full of spineless cowards sat in 16th, in a outdated much smaller Stadium, who have one underdog Cup win to their name in the last 30 years. Hmmm tough decision there lol.

The realistic available options were Dyche, Allardyce, van Gaal, Fonseca, O'Neill. Silva was a move destined to fail given he'd only been in his new job for 3 months and then you have completely unrealistic names like Simeone, Ancelotti, Tuchel.

Of all those names mentioned (including the more 'glamorous' 3 names), only 2 fit the bill for me as being fit for where we are at this current moment - Dyche and Allardyce. Dyche would only come for a longer period of time and if we do manage to stay up i'd be hoping we could attract a better manager than him in the Summer, but if we end up 15th then Dyche may be our level. As it stands Dyche would be daft to leave Burnley at this current moment in time and if in the unlikely event he got them 7th and we came around 15th, he may not even want to come anyway.

This.

You seem to be assuming that Allardyce is only a short term fix , I hope you are right (6 months max) I doubt that would be the case I can see him looking for 2 years minimum.
Also people see Allardyce as a guarantee of staying up because he has scrapped through by the skin of his teeth in the past.He is just as risky as the others except without the positives.

Status
Not open for further replies.