2021/22 Andros Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.
….he’s an uncomplicated footballer. Effective and efficient.
I’ve noticed that our forwards this season breaking at pace, releasing the ball at the right time with purpose. Even Iwobi has adopted this more. This is what impressed me about Anthony Gordon on Saturday. Direct running beating the 1st man and firing in a cross. But he also played some very simple sharp forward balls putting them on the back foot. This is something very reminiscent of Townsends game too.

Townsend is our most popular player and best performer, goal scorer the lot. Yes thee Townsend we watched toil away in the bottom of the league his entire career and we laughed at.

Spent hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of million. In strolls 30 year old Townsend on a free. Takes us by the scruff of the neck and lifts us up.

Embarrassing is too weak of a word to describe it. They need to come with a new one.

A horrific catastrophe while working class people struggle to feed thier family.

I’ve noticed that our forwards this season breaking at pace, releasing the ball at the right time with purpose. Even Iwobi has adopted this more. This is what impressed me about Anthony Gordon on Saturday. Direct running beating the 1st man and firing in a cross. But he also played some very simple sharp forward balls putting them on the back foot. This is something very reminiscent of Townsends game too.
Yeah I hope he shows them the replays in training reminding them how effective it is. Drill it in to nevernresort to crab football. Proper paradigm shift on 1.7 million budget.

I must admit he has surprised me no end with his anything but mediocre approach. I stand completely corrected in my views on him when we signed him!
Me too Charlie. Far better than I expected and long may it continue.

It's a long old season though and he will inevitably hit a bad patch at some stage. All players do. Let's hope his is short and also he stays clear of injuries as they can derail seasons too

Fans have to take some self reflection aswell. Many were outraged at the signing because he didn't cost 40 million and wasn't a player from a different league they only found out about a few days prior.
Yes it’s another example of why some blues just need to remain open minded to some things and calm down.
It’s particularly pleasing he’s doing so well seeing as when he signed even he thought he was going to be a squad player. With the squad’s lack of quality and depth he’s ended up being a starter every fixture!

.…the addition of two conventional wingers was always going to make us more potent from that respect. It’s something we’ve lacked & many of us have highlighted for a long time.

Key for me is wide players capable of contributing goals. Townsend & Gray doing just that is the big difference for me.

Fans have to take some self reflection aswell. Many were outraged at the signing because he didn't cost 40 million and wasn't a player from a different league they only found out about a few days prior.

Thats fans in general now. The whole jim white sky tv deadline day farce is to blame for that sh!tstick.

The “£35m gets you Iwobi these days” argument was starting to get me down. Our fans have been conditioned to believe that you can’t get a good player for under £20m over the last few years.

I loved every part of Everton’s equaliser at United, from Allan’s clearance, Grey’s fighting spirit and skill when he took on three players and found Doucoure with a good pass, Doucoure getting on to the pass and cutting past United players and setting up Townsend with a delicious pass and then Andros taking the ball on with a sublime pat of the ball with his left foot setting up his right foot to slam the ball past the United goalkeeper giving him no chance and putting the icing on the cake by taking the p-ss out of Ronaldo with his goalscoring celebration. A more than excellent goal, can we have a few repeats during the season.
Absolutely! Last time counter attacking was that effective at Old Trafford it was Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez doing it!

Have really noticed this recently. For years we have broke quickly from the back, then got into the final third and everything slows to a stand still, time after time.
Now it seems we actually try to get the ball into the box or get a shot off instead of fooling around 25 yards out.

I loved every part of Everton’s equaliser at United, from Allan’s clearance, Grey’s fighting spirit and skill when he took on three players and found Doucoure with a good pass, Doucoure getting on to the pass and cutting past United players and setting up Townsend with a delicious pass and then Andros taking the ball on with a sublime pat of the ball with his left foot setting up his right foot to slam the ball past the United goalkeeper giving him no chance and putting the icing on the cake by taking the p-ss out of Ronaldo with his goalscoring celebration. A more than excellent goal, can we have a few repeats during the season.
If only he'd of had the Davies chance at the !!

Status
Not open for further replies.