2021/22 Andros Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the feeling he has had quite a big impact on the squad just because he seems grateful for the job and wants to play (unlike some at times).

Don't want to damn him with faint praise though - he has an excellent left foot and is an intelligent player.

You obviously need talented players in a squad, but Coleman and Townsend types are just as important. Help to set the tone in training and on the pitch.

Helps when you can whack one in from 30 yards as well, like.

He's a weird one is Andros.
His work rate is spot on and it's obviously something that gives him an advantage over James.

He showed glimpses last night not withstanding the goal and assist of real quality.

I dont see the magic in him that Rodriguez possesses but then he pulls a worldy out the bag. If Rodriguez does that everyone is purring.
In fairness everyone has been purring since Andria did hit. He has that in his locker and he's rattled the woodwork a few times since the beginning of pre-season.

Was underwhelmed by this signing but he's proved me wrong so far. Hope he can maintain consistency

Thought he was another Aaron Lennon/Theo Walcott signed 2/3 seasons after they were useful. On last nights performance he might still have 1 or if we are lucky 2 good years left. The goal was a stunner but the cross was what goy us back in the game.

Dear Mr Townsend,

I'm a very naughty blue...

I doubted you had much left to give. Another 30 year old has been, looking for pay cheque.

However, first night back at Goodison with lights on. You gave me and my son, the lady next to us (who screamed on my god) in the Bullens with her young lad and the rest of us a very special goal that only the very best deserve.

Thank You!

Status
Not open for further replies.