Confirmed Signing Andros Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton FC the gift that keeps on giving.

So we send our scouts to watch Palace and from all the available talent they decide on Townsend.

Last season 1 goal and 5 assists, the season before 1 goal 1 assist.

I give up
Whilst I wouldn't go as far as saying cracking player - we could do with a few more players like him in our squad. Never gave less than 100% and dug players out who were not

People liked to bash him but the reality was he was a very solid player. Had zero athleticism but his intelligence, movement and one on one finishing was top notch.

John Terry rated him highly as an opponent.

Thought he was at best a bottom half Premier League squad player. Terrible at the basics of football, couldn’t control a pass and was weaker than Osman. Did run around a lot though, so fair play.

Funny ..... I recall at the time him coming on to replace Lukaku when he was shinning passes everywhere. His football ability was solid, finishing was very good

Was he the player you build teams around???? No. But he had a positive impact on the squad and was a solid option

It seems everyone feels that every player we sign needs to be marquee....... Need to get real.

The signings of Townsend, begovic and Gray are moneyball signings. Specifically identified for a couple of attributes that frankly are just not there in our squad unless you can name 2 better chalk on boots wingers in our squad?

The amount of times we had been in control of games but lacked penetration and players with enough pace to prevent the opposition fullbacks overloading us is a joke.

I don't think this will be the end of our wide players being signed so don't fret.

Funny ..... I recall at the time him coming on to replace Lukaku when he was shinning passes everywhere. His football ability was solid, finishing was very good

Was he the player you build teams around???? No. But he had a positive impact on the squad and was a solid option

It seems everyone feels that every player we sign needs to be marquee....... Need to get real.

The signings of Townsend, begovic and Gray are moneyball signings. Specifically identified for a couple of attributes that frankly are just not there in our squad unless you can name 2 better chalk on boots wingers in our squad?

The amount of times we had been in control of games but lacked penetration and players with enough pace to prevent the opposition fullbacks overloading us is a joke.

I don't think this will be the end of our wide players being signed so don't fret.

'Moneyball' signings?

lol thats one slant on it...

'Moneyball' signings?

lol thats one slant on it...
Yeah.

Like Ji sung park and Dirk kuyt..... Moneyball players.

Did the mancs and kopites get excited when they wore the shirt Vs how they would if Beckham or Salah were playing??? Of course not

They were signed to do a specific job for certain games or certain moments that enable tactics to be changed.

Would you keep iwobi and Bernard over those 2? Bear in mind it is likely be will sign more players similar as we need 4.

It's so interesting reading someone who has a very similar outlook to most things as me.. sounds like me in fact.. but with an education.. are you one of my multi's ? Great Post mate.
Naisy was a terrific player too !! He was never a 10 but by god his work rate alone made up for it. Scored a great hattrick against Chelsea then was dropped off a cliff. Good old Martinez.
Townsend has indeed been picked to do a roll (cheaply) as has Gray. Cheap, With both having huge points to prove, I'm not excited by either if I'm honest but.. like you, I see the reasoning behind the deals. If it means Iwobi and Bernard can go I won't be shedding too many tears. Money vacuums both.

Status
Not open for further replies.