2021/22 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cry some more at an Everton player having a good game
Read my posts earlier where I gave him credit for making the right decision and tidy footwork. He, as his Everton career evidences does not do enough for the team.

Im just not getting carried away with one okay game because it doesnt last, like many other players at the club, Davies, Michael Keane, Holgate, Delph.

It's hardly crying is it? It's just not letting one moment paper of the usual issues.

Sorry pal but you're getting carried away. Gomes has proven time after time to not be up to it. He did well for the goal, that is it, not spectacular. A good midfielder should be making that pass comfortable with tidy footwork.

He will stink the place out again soon enough and everyone whos getting ahead of themselves will be brought back down to earth.
We have not got any good midfielders who can pass like that....... that's been our major problem, a two-man midfield ....

We have not got any good midfielders who can pass like that....... that's been our major problem, a two-man midfield ....
I completely agree a two man midfield for us is criminal. It doesnt bring the best out of Doucoure, it doesn't bring the best out of Allan. As I put in another thread credit to Benitex for changing it but also he should have identified that weeks ago and started with it.

I think Gomes did OK last night nothing more, I dont think the build up to the goal was anything special, but tidy and a good pass. I appreciate he's a different type to maybe most other players, but i'd fancy Doucoure to do what Gomes did if we had Delph sitting in a three.

Problem is Gomes, Delph, Davies, Gbmain - none of them can be trusted for me to do the job because they aren't a good enough standard, or they're injured, or going to be suspended. The only three that would be solid for me is Delph sitting behind Allan and Doucoure, but Delph will iether get injured or sentoff.

Changed everything when he came on. Classy touches and passes. Glimpses of when we first signed him. Got to try and keep him fit now and keep that same shape.

Be nice. The danger is can he be relied on esp in away games.
Gomes at home when your tails are up is a player who has the ability to make a difference.
Tbh we've been so awful i'll take what i can right now.

I completely agree a two man midfield for us is criminal. It doesnt bring the best out of Doucoure, it doesn't bring the best out of Allan. As I put in another thread credit to Benitex for changing it but also he should have identified that weeks ago and started with it.

I think Gomes did OK last night nothing more, I dont think the build up to the goal was anything special, but tidy and a good pass. I appreciate he's a different type to maybe most other players, but i'd fancy Doucoure to do what Gomes did if we had Delph sitting in a three.

Problem is Gomes, Delph, Davies, Gbmain - none of them can be trusted for me to do the job because they aren't a good enough standard, or they're injured, or going to be suspended. The only three that would be solid for me is Delph sitting behind Allan and Doucoure, but Delph will iether get injured or sentoff.
You do realise Delph is on a bonus to Manchester City the more games he plays we have to pay them more for that crock - I agree though a 3-man midfield is needed - Gomes when fit is the best option then IMO Davies .... so we really our singing from the same hymn sheet we need to strengthen in January in that area the space there for opposition teams to exploit in the last 7 games has been glaringly obvious - we made Jordan Henderson look world class......

Read my posts earlier where I gave him credit for making the right decision and tidy footwork. He, as his Everton career evidences does not do enough for the team.

Im just not getting carried away with one okay game because it doesnt last, like many other players at the club, Davies, Michael Keane, Holgate, Delph.

It's hardly crying is it? It's just not letting one moment paper of the usual issues.
'He's not good, he's not hes not he's not!!!!'

Mentioned in the match thread that similar happened when he was brought on vs Burnley. The game changed completely and we mauled them and could have put 5/6 past them. Whether its him or the 3 in the middle, or a mixture of both is up for debate. When they are all up for it a midfield of him, Allan and Doucoure is decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.