2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant decide on the pen, but I've noticed now no player ever gets booked for diving, if he dived why no card?
It didnt look like he got the ball, I dunno, main thing is went our way

Cant decide on the pen, but I've noticed now no player ever gets booked for diving, if he dived why no card?
It didnt look like he got the ball, I dunno, main thing is went our way
I'm not convinced Gomes got a touch on the ball but I'm 100% certain he didn't get a touch on the Leicester player so it definitely wasn't a penalty. Without VAR the penalty would have been given and tonight's result could have been very different.

I'm not convinced Gomes got a touch on the ball but I'm 100% certain he didn't get a touch on the Leicester player so it definitely wasn't a penalty. Without VAR the penalty would have been given and tonight's result could have been very different.

I think that’s it though, players know VAR exist. People calling it a bad tackle are possibly thinking of a time when there was no VAR and refs had to go on what they saw first time around. On that basis it would have been a pen, I agree though I don’t think he touched their player

I think that’s it though, players know VAR exist. People calling it a bad tackle are possibly thinking of a time when there was no VAR and refs had to go on what they saw first time around. On that basis it would have been a pen, I agree though I don’t think he touched their player
To be honest it was a stupid tackle regardless. It was one of those half hearted nibbles that you really don’t want to be doing in the box. I didn’t think it was his worst game on the ball yesterday (I don’t really mind him passing backwards if we’re winning) but his lack of mobility is a big issue.

I cant understand the negitave comments on him from last night match. Granted he has been poor this season but last night he battled hard. Challenged players, tackled, kept possession and kept play ticking over. Wasnt outstanding but hard to take any of the negative comments re last nights match on here seriously.

Become the latest boo boy and I don’t get it.
We won. Enjoy it.
I think we all enjoy our team winning, doesn’t mean we can’t have opinions on players performances. And I thought he was On his heels to often, to slow to react. And for me he’s been a very average buy.
That’s my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.