2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did well today and hopefully brings and end to the absolute bellend formations we have been messing about with.

You do realise he will start next game and be rubbish? Thats Andre Gomes for you. That’s the story of his Everton career.

No consistency with the lad, it’s not good enough for us.

Needs binning as well with Sigurdsson when Ancelotti can afford to do so.

All about opinions I guess but I thought he was awful today. constantly losing possession.
Play broke down nearly every time he got involved. The odd decent ball shouldn't detract from a poor performance. I think the injury has done for him, not seen a good performance since unfortunately

You do realise he will start next game and be rubbish? Thats Andre Gomes for you. That’s the story of his Everton career.

No consistency with the lad, it’s not good enough for us.

Needs binning as well with Sigurdsson when Ancelotti can afford to do so.
I’m certainly not in love with him either mate, but that 5 at the back NONSENSE needs to end, and should not be seen again.

Not suited to the premier League, tried hard when he was on loan as soon as he got his contract resulted to default.

There was a time he used to run about and try hard you could see it wasnt in his game but he at least tried, doesn't offer anything now tho

At giving Burnley the ball back and making the wrong decisions. The injury has finished him.
Agree. Although he did a few good things but also some afwul balls. Plus he seems very slow. I mean a few other players dont look quicj but he seems even a yard slower

Best he's been in a while when he came on today. Seemed confident and almost impossible to get the ball off. Think against teams like burnley - who haven't got players who are quick and will skin him - he can be very useful.

If we play him against Chelsea though it could be disastrous.

Yep.

When we'll have most possession, he'll shine. Go up against teams with pace, he's less effective.

Good game today

Best he's been in a while when he came on today. Seemed confident and almost impossible to get the ball off. Think against teams like burnley - who haven't got players who are quick and will skin him - he can be very useful.

If we play him against Chelsea though it could be disastrous.
I think this. Against sides like Burnley he offers us a lot in midfield keeping possession without a big risk defensively. Against quicker sides where we are without the ball he can be a liability.
Where oh where is that lad for his first game at Anfield

Some very impressive things from him followed by some incredibly careless things (see also: Iwobi, Alex; Doucouré, Abdoulaye). Thought the extra body in midfield when reverting to 4-3-3 helped the progression from the back and let us get a hold on the game, seeing as Delph at wingback hampered our wide outlet and team balance.

André was a breath of fresh air for the first 15 of his introduction in particular, breaking the lines off the ball and bringing support to DCL - something I've not seen from him for a good while. The second half he showed moments of insane skill, followed by poor use of the ball in possession, which was very frustrating.

However, probably sufficient evidence there to say that André brings the most ideal balance to a midfield three from the players that we have available (excluding Gordon, but that's another story). Worried about Chelsea because they're a different level this year (with Southampton close behind) when it comes to pressing and forcing turnovers, so it'll be interesting to see how (/if) we can deal with that battle in the middle with Gomes-Allan-Doucouré, and if Carlo will turn to Sigurdsson and Tosun again in the final 30 when a pace injection is clearly needed.

He’s like a Rolls Royce in a Formula 1 race. He has quality but is completely unsuited to the league. Too ponderous, lacks everything we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.