2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
They pointed out during the coverage today that it was 12 months since his injury.

12 months since a double leg break. Some players would still be in rehab.

He’s not at the top of my list of concerns currently.
It was a broken ankle not a double leg break and he had the time out required to heal, also unlike the average joe in the street Gomes is getting Grade A physio and rehab every day.

Andre Gomes appears to have lost a yard of pace off of what little pace he had to start with; also he's not finding himself the time and space to do his pullbacks and turns that we once liked about him. With a bit of luck, it's just a hang up from his injury. Seamus Colman wasn't the same player for a long time after returning from his broken leg, but this season he's been unbelievable; so hopefully Gomes will come good again for us in the near future.

He wasn’t great pre injury, probably has 5 good games in 40. Maybe he’s just not cut-out for the premier league. It’s funny some players get a lot support of the fans, him and Bernard are definitely two in that category.

personally I dont see it with either

It was a broken ankle not a double leg break and he had the time out required to heal, also unlike the average joe in the street Gomes is getting Grade A physio and rehab every day.
I thought it was a fracture and dislocation. Which they put back in place on the pitch. He’s been back playing since February.

Gomes has given away too many free kicks as well as this pen in the past year. We have been punished from them. Should Have been no where near Calvert Lewin position wise today. Another one on a big long term contract who we will find hard to shift.

I loved his little bit of snide when he first came, for some reason that bit of snide is coming across as too obvious and is being picked up on now.

He wasn’t great pre injury, probably has 5 good games in 40. Maybe he’s just not cut-out for the premier league. It’s funny some players get a lot support of the fans, him and Bernard are definitely two in that category.

personally I dont see it with either
TBH I think Gomes shows less than Bernard, at least Bernard has something in him, but problem is he rarely finds it.

I'll reiterate that it is not an exaggeration to say he's the worst midfielder at defending in the entire league. Add in a very limited ability to pass in a progressive or threatening manner and what have we really got left?

I'll reiterate that it is not an exaggeration to say he's the worst midfielder at defending in the entire league. Add in a very limited ability to pass in a progressive or threatening manner and what have we really got left?
It is an exaggeration because Tom Davies plays in the Premier League.

two of his teammates are at least one level below him when it comes to defending, so I’d say no...you are wrong. Two of them are Osman-levels of defending from midfield

Gomes is not great but worst...nah. I’d say that is definitely an exaggeration

two of his teammates are at least one level below him when it comes to defending, so I’d say no...you are wrong. Two of them are Osman-levels of defending from midfield

Gomes is not great but worst...nah. I’d say that is definitely an exaggeration
No point arguing mate. The gimp thinks he's the ultimate authority on football.

Just let it go.

No point arguing mate. The gimp thinks he's the ultimate authority on football.

Just let it go.
Do one mate honestly. Gomes is a horrid player when the other team has the ball and even if Tom is mostly too he's got at least half a brain about positioning in a way Andre doesn't. It isn't being an authority as much as I'll just call a spade a spade while you all will cling on to hope because Andre has nice hair and Bernard smiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.