2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he played the ball so early as A. He was worried about having to sprint back if they countered and B. he wanted to get rid of the ball ASAP as most of our players do.

I think the fact there’s constant questions regarding him & Davies, says they’re not good enough. You don’t hear Doucoure getting debated about his place in the team, yrs he may the the odd poor game.

Same Witt Allan, who hasn’t looked great since he’s come back from injury, understandably I suppose after 3months. Shame really as he was just starting to look like he was adapting to the league abs was brilliant in the Leicester game, before he got injured.

I think the fact there’s constant questions regarding him & Davies, says they’re not good enough. You don’t hear Doucoure getting debated about his place in the team, yrs he may the the odd poor game.

Same Witt Allan, who hasn’t looked great since he’s come back from injury, understandably I suppose after 3months. Shame really as he was just starting to look like he was adapting to the league abs was brilliant in the Leicester game, before he got injured.

You're joking aren't you? Doucouré was getting grief for passing, even though his game is far more than that, and isn't actually that bad compared to Sigurdsson or Gomes.

For me, the question i ask, and will continue to ask is.... Can we push on and be a top team with Gomes? No. With Sigurdsson? No. With Doucouré... yes, he is far more consistent and offers a lot more for me, is more of a presence.

It's nothing against Gomes, he's just not a player we want if we're pushing on and being a side who competes for Europe, both he and Sigurdsson (and probably Davies too), they show no passion, they've not got the battle and hunger to grab the game, by the scruff of its neck, and win you a football game.

That's what I want, and what everyone should want as Evertonians. It's no good having "Oh he done alright", we need winners, and those two are anything but that.

You're joking aren't you? Doucouré was getting grief for passing, even though his game is far more than that, and isn't actually that bad compared to Sigurdsson or Gomes.

For me, the question i ask, and will continue to ask is.... Can we push on and be a top team with Gomes? No. With Sigurdsson? No. With Doucouré... yes, he is far more consistent and offers a lot more for me, is more of a presence.

It's nothing against Gomes, he's just not a player we want if we're pushing on and being a side who competes for Europe, both he and Sigurdsson (and probably Davies too), they show no passion, they've not got the battle and hunger to grab the game, by the scruff of its neck, and win you a football game.

That's what I want, and what everyone should want as Evertonians. It's no good having "Oh he done alright", we need winners, and those two are anything but that.

Davies shows passion

None of them are anything special, but Doucoure at least has the energy and physicality to put himself about a bit, and Allan has looked decent on the rare occasions where he's stayed fit long enough to find his form.

Gomes and Davies, on the other hand, are liabilities.

Your lies make baby Jesus cry
But he is right, Sigurdsson has been far more effective than Gomes, not even close imo.

My feeling is we will never be a top four team if Andre Gomes is a regular starter.
I don't like saying that because when he was first signed I thought we had done fantastic business.
But, at the moment over the ninety minutes of a game he just doesn't contribute enough , his defending is lazy and sluggish and he needed both Doucoure and Allan with him if he is to make any reasonable contribution to a game.

He has been a regular starter in the team this season under Carlo, being played in a position where he should be the quarterback of the team and I think his contribution to games has generally been peripheral.
Everyone has their own opinion, that is just mine.

I certainly don't think Sigurdsson is the answer either but I feel in more limited time on the field he has made more important contributions.

... for skateboarding
Try watching a game where you make your mind up after the game rather than before.
I am not really having a go at you but I do feel that a lot of our supporters have already decided on how different players will play before any ball is kicked and are waiting for something to happen that will justify their position rather than taking an objective view of a player's performance in the game as a when.

Davies is not the only one.
Keane,DCL and Coleman , Holgate are others that ship criticism very quickly

Digne,Allan JR, Godfrey are players whose mistakes can be more readily forgiven or excused .

None of them are anything special, but Doucoure at least has the energy and physicality to put himself about a bit, and Allan has looked decent on the rare occasions where he's stayed fit long enough to find his form.

Gomes and Davies, on the other hand, are liabilities.
I do think we need another midfielder, who is top level and first choice

Gomes was once a class act. Now time and a dreadful injury means he is a shadow of his former self. And he will never get back there, I'm sorry to say.
In the thick of it all he is now a liability, gives away daft fouls, too slow, gets caught in possession.
Sadly there really can be no place for emotions in the fight for success at Everton.
And it is sad but he should never start.
Cue he scores a worldly at the weekend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.