2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s a huge problem mate if he’s having one good game in 7/8. Take your blinkers off

Slow opposition midfield and he provides a usual 1 in 8 quality performance.

Next game its a coin toss whether hes the same or dreadful.

Hopefully an offer comes in for him.

So there’s the Portuguese international Euro winner ex Barca player we bought. Class is permanent and he’s always had it. Like a lot of the squad though it’s application and consistency. Gomes needs to be giving us 7/10 every week not an 8 one week then 2s for five other games.

Hes never going to add consistency...hes had enough time now and hes incapable.

Slow opposition midfield and he provides a usual 1 in 8 quality performance.

Next game its a coin toss whether hes the same or dreadful.

Hopefully an offer comes in for him.

Hes never going to add consistency...hes had enough time now and hes incapable.
I don't want to give up on him completely but I do also have reservations about his ability to finally develop consistency after 250 first team games.

If we could get the £22mil back i think Ancelotti would be happy to offload him.
Unfortunately we aren't in a position to sell midfielders currently. I agree there is reason to think about an offer of that nature under normal circumstances but with Gbamin's injury and the lack of quality aside from Gomes occasional good showings we just can't.

Unfortunately we aren't in a position to sell midfielders currently. I agree there is reason to think about an offer of that nature under normal circumstances but with Gbamin's injury and the lack of quality aside from Gomes occasional good showings we just can't.

I think you'll find we need to sell midfielders in order to free up squad places.

We have about 33 first team players on our books...of those:

Gomes
Davies
Sigurdsson
Delph
Besic
Baningime
Gbamin

Thats 7 players to cover 2 positions. Id punt the lot of them.

I think you'll find we need to sell midfielders in order to free up squad places.

We have about 33 first team players on our books...of those:

Gomes
Davies
Sigurdsson
Delph
Besic
Baningime
Gbamin

Thats 7 players to cover 2 positions. Id punt the lot of them.
You sell Baningime and Besic right off and move Gylfi if an offer comes. If not you sign one as that still only leaves you with 5 until Gbamin comes back. Once he does it is a tad overcrowded but you can live with that for a season.

Maybe you move someone like Davies or Delph if the right number comes.

You sell Baningime and Besic right off and move Gylfi if an offer comes. If not you sign one as that still only leaves you with 5 until Gbamin comes back. Once he does it is a tad overcrowded but you can live with that for a season.

Maybe you move someone like Davies or Delph if the right number comes.

Im lost.

You make all of them available and whoever is left at the window stays.

Theres no way Gomes is going anywhere unless you get an amazing offer. Hes way too important even if you sign 2 CMs. Gbamin is a major injury risk and has barely seen the field, and behind him are Delph, Davies, and Siggy, who are nowhere near as good on a good day, and still worse on his bad days.

Besides, even if you say hes not good against some teams/formations, in games where teams give him space like today you want to have him in the lineup because his passing is phenomenal. If you sign 2 CMs hes still in your top 3, and you need at least 4.

Theres no way Gomes is going anywhere unless you get an amazing offer. Hes way too important even if you sign 2 CMs. Gbamin is a major injury risk and has barely seen the field, and behind him are Delph, Davies, and Siggy, who are nowhere near as good on a good day, and still worse on his bad days.

Besides, even if you say hes not good against some teams/formations, in games where teams give him space like today you want to have him in the lineup because his passing is phenomenal. If you sign 2 CMs hes still in your top 3, and you need at least 4.
He’s going nowhere. There is no chance they are selling him.

Theres a lot more players in front of him heading towards the exit door. I know people will say he should be over his injury but it was less than 12 months ago when this lad had his leg snapped in two, it must take time to mentally get over it. Once we have some decent midfielders around him is the time to judge, if he's still inconsistent then move him on but only when we get a proper midfield around him rather than the useless static subbuteo one we have at the minute.

Flawed or not, he is the best we have by a long, long way, therefore he should be the last one we think about moving on surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.