2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
....absolutely. Being brave in possession and believing in your ability is so important, especially playing the top sides away from home. It’s clearly what Silva wants and why Gomes is on the same wavelength as Bernard.

Being able to take a few players out of the game with one turn or pass is essential to creating goalscoring chances for others. You don't need to be assisting (as in the last pass) and scoring goals to be worth a place in the team. Sure stats wise doesn't look great but sometimes you just need an effective player who quietly goes about their business. To be fair to Gomes though he is much more than that, his passing range and delivery is excellent and he has great feet to take people on.

....Gomes is a playmaker, he’s like a Quarterback who sets the tempo of the game and sprays short and long passes around the pitch. As I said before he played a game for us, he keeps both wide players in the game with his ability to knock passes with either foot to either wing.

Stats reveal assists, pity there aren’t stats about assisting assists. I imagine Gomes is at the core of many of our attacks.
Those are also stats that are kept. And I don't disagree that he does all of that well, but just think you have to offer more. He's still a bargain at anything under 25M, and he's not too old to improve how he plays under Silva. But I'm not going to be heartbroken if we don't sign him.

There are no perfect midfielders, but Gomes is the closest we’ve had since Mikel. There is no need to make him out to be worse than he is, his quality is there for all to see.

Mate people on here LOVE making players out to be worse than they are.

Everyone on here has 5 World Cup winners medals minimum don’t you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.