2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
....Gomes is a playmaker, he’s like a Quarterback who sets the tempo of the game and sprays short and long passes around the pitch. As I said before he played a game for us, he keeps both wide players in the game with his ability to knock passes with either foot to either wing.

Stats reveal assists, pity there aren’t stats about assisting assists. I imagine Gomes is at the core of many of our attacks.

I think you actually can get pass-before-the-pass sort of stats these days.

I'd think he fit in the Spurs team quite nicely funnily enough, I want him badly but if he moves to a team who are in the CL like Spurs I'd understand it. Just would be a shame and all that to lose him I would hope we would have the advantage given he feels settled here and seems to be enjoying his football but he's 25 so he might feel he won't get another chance like this.
If this isn't wrapped up quickly as the first deal then I'd probably guess he's considering other teams.
If we go to 30 m will Spurs go higher
This is exactly what Barca want
Plus will Poch guarantee him regular first team football like we will ??

If we go to 30 m will Spurs go higher
This is exactly what Barca want
Plus will Poch guarantee him regular first team football like we will ??
Yes, Gomes would walk into that team with ease, The only advantage we have over Spurs would be we would be willing to offer way more than Spurs would due to them being very tight on wages and spending.

....Gomes is a playmaker, he’s like a Quarterback who sets the tempo of the game and sprays short and long passes around the pitch. As I said before he played a game for us, he keeps both wide players in the game with his ability to knock passes with either foot to either wing.

Stats reveal assists, pity there aren’t stats about assisting assists. I imagine Gomes is at the core of many of our attacks.

The biggest thing for me is that he keeps hold of the ball, I can't begin to describe how cheesed off I was at us losing possession everytime we tried to play out from the back. Gomes can receive the ball surrounded by opponents but still keep it and make something out of it which allows us to get out of our half.

The biggest thing for me is that he keeps hold of the ball, I can't begin to describe how cheesed off I was at us losing possession everytime we tried to play out from the back. Gomes can receive the ball surrounded by opponents but still keep it and make something out of it which allows us to get out of our half.

....absolutely. Being brave in possession and believing in your ability is so important, especially playing the top sides away from home. It’s clearly what Silva wants and why Gomes is on the same wavelength as Bernard.

Status
Not open for further replies.