2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andre Gomes - 2018/19 Player Performance Thread

Thread Sponsor: @Mikey_Fitzgerald

Please use this thread for all discussion relating to Andre Gomes' 2018/19 match performances.

Feel free to start new threads regarding any new topics of discussion relating to this player - new contracts, player quotes, transfer news etc.

Speaks very good English which is a surprising bonus. Should help him settle.

Hopefully the fans are patient with him and get behind him, as he's clearly a confidence player and we've broken enough of those at goodison recently.

Suppose we may find out from Silva today when he expects him to start featuring. No rush to get him into the side in my opinion, last thing we want is a loanee breaking down because we've thrown him in too early.

On his Instagram story he appears to be flying in this morning, can only assume Mina will be the same. Probably means they start officially tomorrow.

Just saw that now. I had thought Mina would be ahead of Zouma in terms of fitness but it would appear both starting around the same time.

I imagine one of them will have to be on the bench vs Southampton purely due to lack of options, but Silva will be hoping he hasn’t got to throw them on.

Think I read that Gomes was out for 2-3 weeks anyway so he’ll probably just be doing light gym work; doubt we’ll see him until September.

Just saw that now. I had thought Mina would be ahead of Zouma in terms of fitness but it would appear both starting around the same time.

I imagine one of them will have to be on the bench vs Southampton purely due to lack of options, but Silva will be hoping he hasn’t got to throw them on.

Think I read that Gomes was out for 2-3 weeks anyway so he’ll probably just be doing light gym work; doubt we’ll see him until September.
Gomes said in a tweet to some fans the other day that he hopes to back in normal training within 3 weeks

Intrigued about this signing. I find reddit to be a good source of info about players I don't know much about.

There was a thread when Barca/Real/Juve were fighting over him 2 years ago and he was being described as a wonderful central midfielder who could defend or attack. It was nailed on he would be one of the best players in the world.

Then this summer everyone thinks he is useless/doesn't suit Barca.

There is obviously a player in there, and what I like most about it is he appears to have the skill set we need - played alongside Gana or Scheniderlin as a "double pivot" with one attacking midfielder in front would seem to suit our needs perfectly. He can pass forwards which will help get our number 10 more involved.

The midfield is the area that will need fixing next summer. By far our weakest area at the moment so the likes of Gomes/Dowell/Beni will get a chance and see if they can offer a long term solution.

Definately a place if he can get back some form helps now we have other players richarlson walcott and the fullback making moves forward just need a player which could be this lad to find the right pass

Welcome to Everton Gomes.

John-Astin-Gomez-Addams-gomez-addams-11245159-450-338.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.