Homepage Article Ancelotti Post Match Comments - Everton 0-2 Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.
This result has been coming for a while. We have created very few chances in the last 5 or 6 games. Carlo has to take his share of the blame for that. Results have papered over the cracks.

Bunch of shithouses each and every one of them. We need a leader on the pitch. Someone needs to crack some skulls together and poke a few chests out there. Seamus is like a little mouse, Gylfi points a lot then vanishes.

I remember the days when we had Big Nev, Ratcliffe, Reid and Andy Gray on the same pitch at the same time, each one of them a leader.

Problem is he cant be too critical of them because he needs them to peform and give as much as they can till he replaces a bunch more of them at the end of the season. This is why he doesn't single anybody out and instead calls out the whole group.

He is right in what he said and although I don’t think he got it right with his team or subs today what we had out there should have had enough to beat that Newcastle team.
He rightly expects commitment to be a given and he has probably learned coupled with the performance at Newcastle earlier in the season that the core of the squad have no mental fortitude.
Godfrey should play every game he is fit for because he has the mentality ingrained in him that should be a given for all of them and he isn’t afraid to dig out his teammates if they aren’t producing.
We as a fan base I think are very forgiving of players who possibly lack quality if we see them putting 100% in. We don’t put up with anyone who tosses it off though and the sooner we get rid of the passengers making up the majority of this squad the quicker we will get back to winning things.

It is good to see him calling the lazy gets out. I just hope that he is the man to finally sort this problem out as it has been plaguing us for quite a few years now and gets on my tits more than any other issue. 1 step forward and 2 steps back and rinse and repeat for what seem eternity.

Sort it please Carlo.

...I imagine the post-match comments were a kick up the backside for the individuals he sent out, which is good. I do think, though, Ancelotti got it wrong today.

With players injured, he found a formula that makes us hard to beat but now when more are available he hasn’t yet found the right balance between defence and attack.

I’m sure he’ll sort it, but he was as at fault as the players today.
Think it's a case that our best back four set up and defending deeper works for us,when we have games when we are on the front foot our lack of quality cover in midfield leaves us easier to hit on the break. Hence today the barcodes did an Everton on us. Just hope we can return the favour to Leeds.

He is right in what he said and although I don’t think he got it right with his team or subs today what we had out there should have had enough to beat that Newcastle team.
He rightly expects commitment to be a given and he has probably learned coupled with the performance at Newcastle earlier in the season that the core of the squad have no mental fortitude.
Godfrey should play every game he is fit for because he has the mentality ingrained in him that should be a given for all of them and he isn’t afraid to dig out his teammates if they aren’t producing.
We as a fan base I think are very forgiving of players who possibly lack quality if we see them putting 100% in. We don’t put up with anyone who tosses it off though and the sooner we get rid of the passengers making up the majority of this squad the quicker we will get back to winning things.
I'd agree except that even given his failings Davies always puts a shift in yet weekly gets a slagging from a majority of the forum.

You can only polish a turd so much. The points tally still says to me he's getting blood from a stone and today a few of them went back to not looking arsed. Iwobi and sigurdsson the main culprits. He's made us compact at the back for a while playing the 4 centre halves. It works. But people have been calling for more attacking options from the fullbacks. you got it today with coleman and digne. Well it proved how much we need to invest in the squad because we cant mix it playing that way.
Only ever seen him publicly pissed with them twice. Today. And wolves last season( iwobi and sigurdsson played in the mid 4 that day aswell)
Ignore the calls ancelloti. Play what gets us results until you can bring in players who are not your iwobis and sigurdssons. They cant be trusted.

Callum Wilson caused us problems all game...

Our midfield was overrun for the majority of the game...

We were outplayed by a bang average Newcastle team...

We lacked energy,passion & fluidity in another defeat at Goodison park...

Some poor performances particularly from Coleman,Iwobi,Richarlison & Sigurdsson...

Anyone else get a mix of the following feelings?

Optimism in that we have one of the best club managers in the last 25 years at our helm who has tonnes of experience and wisdom......

....and also pessimism in that because we're Everton, if one of the best managers in the last 25 years doesn't have the answers then we're up the creek without a paddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.