2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belgian media on Onana:

They state: ‘He asks for the ball in the most precarious positions. Onana always looks ahead first to find a solution there and is a bit grumpy if there are only options to play sideways or backwards. It makes the game faster, more focused. With the big and strong Onana, pressure can be put on: exactly what De Rode Duivels missed in Qatar.’
I saw the second half of theGermany v Belgium game and never saw any difference in Onana to the way he plays for Everton, in fact he did less, although the arm waving and pointing to what the players with the ball should do with it where in full force, I think he got the captains armband because he was nearest to the player going off and just held onto it instead of giving it to the player he was told to give it to.

I saw the second half of theGermany v Belgium game and never saw any difference in Onana to the way he plays for Everton, in fact he did less, although the arm waving and pointing to what the players with the ball should do with it where in full force, I think he got the captains armband because he was nearest to the player going off and just held onto it instead of giving it to the player he was told to give it to.
Crikey lol not a fan then?

Interesting....

I’m a big Onana fan, and Transfermarkt can be useful for so many things.

But, player valuations are based off primarily what they were bought for in the first instance, and then annually by a couple of people deciding how much they are worth. So that valuation currently is entirely based off what the most likely fee we agreed for him was (as reported in the media).

I’m a big Onana fan, and Transfermarkt can be useful for so many things.

But, player valuations are based off primarily what they were bought for in the first instance, and then annually by a couple of people deciding how much they are worth. So that valuation currently is entirely based off what the most likely fee we agreed for him was (as reported in the media).

True. Although interesting to see the calibre of players he's competing with on a global level.

Id always been a fan of Fabinho for example (before his RS move) and Im expecting Onana to pass him and Tonali in the next 6 months.

He outperformed Kimmich in the Germany game (one off?) and Casemiro isnt getting any younger.

Remove those players from the equation and he'd be behind Tchouameni, Rice, Rodri, Guimaraes and Caicedo.

6th/7th best in the world in his position would be something to be proud of...and still improving.

True. Although interesting to see the calibre of players he's competing with on a global level.

Id always been a fan of Fabinho for example (before his RS move) and Im expecting Onana to pass him and Tonali in the next 6 months.

He outperformed Kimmich in the Germany game (one off?) and Casemiro isnt getting any younger.

Remove those players from the equation and he'd be behind Tchouameni, Rice, Rodri, Guimaraes and Caicedo.

6th/7th best in the world in his position would be something to be proud of...and still improving.
Doesnt really matter what he does at International level.

He needs to start showing up for Everton if you want people to take him seriously.

Hes been quite poor for a few weeks now for us.

NOT WRITING THE LAD OFF.

Hes got tons of potential and will no doubt grow into a very decent player, but currently, the games at Premier League level are largely passing him by, so to claim hes the 7th best in the world is a complete mockery.

Doesnt really matter what he does at International level.

He needs to start showing up for Everton if you want people to take him seriously.

Hes been quite poor for a few weeks now for us.

NOT WRITING THE LAD OFF.

Hes got tons of potential and will no doubt grow into a very decent player, but currently, the games at Premier League level are largely passing him by, so to claim hes the 7th best in the world is a complete mockery.

I didnt write that.

Status
Not open for further replies.