2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belgian media on Onana:

They state: ‘He asks for the ball in the most precarious positions. Onana always looks ahead first to find a solution there and is a bit grumpy if there are only options to play sideways or backwards. It makes the game faster, more focused. With the big and strong Onana, pressure can be put on: exactly what De Rode Duivels missed in Qatar.’

Belgian media on Onana:

They state: ‘He asks for the ball in the most precarious positions. Onana always looks ahead first to find a solution there and is a bit grumpy if there are only options to play sideways or backwards. It makes the game faster, more focused. With the big and strong Onana, pressure can be put on: exactly what De Rode Duivels missed in Qatar.’
This is exactly why I've never been a Witsel fan, you have to be more than a water carrier to be top tier. The likes of makalele, deschamps, Scholes and pirlo got teams playing from deep. Onana most likely won't develop that passing range but his incredible athleticism will allow him to play one twos and get through the lines to create moves.

This is exactly why I've never been a Witsel fan, you have to be more than a water carrier to be top tier. The likes of makalele, deschamps, Scholes and pirlo got teams playing from deep. Onana most likely won't develop that passing range but his incredible athleticism will allow him to play one twos and get through the lines to create moves.

I quite liked Witsel tbh...but Onana could be another couple of levels higher before too long

A defensive midfielder or any midfielder having 1 tackle and 2 dribbles in a game to me is abysmal.

They are the players you rely on to get the ball, work hard and make things happen. 2 dribbles in 90 mins isn’t making things happen.

You forgot to mention:

6 fist pumps
4 'pat the badges'
8 'gee up the crowds'

Baller

Aye that's true, he should be flying into pointless tackles against thin air, spot on.

KDB with 0 tackles and 2 dribbles himself, clearly crap and didn't make things happen.

lol

These posts were in response to me posting his stats for the Sweden game.

Heres the Germany stats...Im a massive fan of Kimmich but Onana :eek:

Why would we be arsed about what he does for his national team?

I have absolutely zero interest in any Everton players outside of what they do for Everton - which in the case of Onana is very little

Probably good for when he moves on I guess but yeah, look at enner valencia

Buying young players of promise like Onana and selling them in their prime like Richarlison is exactly how we need to do business.

I just hope we haven't figured that out too late.
Also not keeping players when they don’t want to be here. It very often ends up in the player having a dip in form and eventually leaving for less than was originally offered.

Why would we be arsed about what he does for his national team?

I have absolutely zero interest in any Everton players outside of what they do for Everton - which in the case of Onana is very little
I mean, him showing the levels he’s capable of producing is obviously extremely relevant to us for many reasons. Also difficult to imagine what exactly you expected people to be posting in his thread during an international break if not comments about his international games.

Status
Not open for further replies.