2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
As if I know what a 'Rhiana' song sounds like.

It was in any case very disrespectful. Taking someone's name and introducing it to the watching millions as a joke.

Shearer was sailing very close to the wind last night with that. If he didn't have Richards there laughing away at his inanity to hand it some 'cover' it would most definitely be an issue today.

It's ok fans making stuff up about his name for songs out of affection, but for someone who gets paid a fortune to talk sense about football it was out of order.

As said above: if that had been a Liverpool player being introduced to the watching millions in this country Shearer would now have a Fatwah on his head.
The squad greeted him with the same song.
A friend of mine sang the song when I told him we were signing him
It precedes him, as does the 'what's my name' element, or 'what's his name?' in this case
I'd be very suprised if he didn't like Shearer doing that, no disrespect intended or taken imo

Must start from here on in. Need to play 4 at the back and put him in central midfield alongside Iwobi and hopefully Gueye. We'd improve no end.

As if I know what a 'Rhiana' song sounds like.

It was in any case very disrespectful. Taking someone's name and introducing it to the watching millions as a joke.

Shearer was sailing very close to the wind last night with that. If he didn't have Richards there laughing away at his inanity to hand it some 'cover' it would most definitely be an issue today.

It's ok fans making stuff up about his name for songs out of affection, but for someone who gets paid a fortune to talk sense about football it was out of order.

As said above: if that had been a Liverpool player being introduced to the watching millions in this country Shearer would now have a Fatwah on his head.
This is up there with the sash on the away kit escapade.

*doffs cap*

I'll have to have a look at it again as from memory he goes charging in gives the ref an easy decision to make.

Fouling is an art in itself - players like Fernandinho get away with about 50 a game because they dont just launch in at pace but do it in a more controlled and clever way.
Nothing wrong with admitting to talking absolute crap again. Respect mate .

Racism?

Jesus Christ, Dave people like you who make up racism where there absolutely isn't any are a massive problem in the world these days.

Not even a slight inkling of racism from what was said on Tele.

Stop being a massive bellend.
I just said I didn't know he was referencing a 'Rianna'...song whoever that is.

But it was disrespectful. 'Let's all laugh at the young player with the *daft* name.'

As said: he;d NEVER have done that if Onana was a Liverpool player because he'd know he'd get some battery acid thrown in his grid or bullets in the post.

I just said I didn't know he was referencing a 'Rianna'...song whoever that is.

But it was disrespectful. 'Let's all laugh at the young player with the *daft* name.'

As said: he;d NEVER have done that if Onana was a Liverpool player because he'd know he'd get some battery acid thrown in his grid or bullets in the post.

It’s not that deep. He did the same with Southampton’s Yan Valery last week, referencing the “Valerie” song.

I probably watched the same game. It seems that's probably not consistently been his level though.

What I'd say about him, is he needs a lot of moving parts of a team to align to get the best from him. When he was with us, he had two outstanding bursts for me, 1st season at half, and final season 2nd half.

Once we bought Schneiderlin in, he was thrown off guard, and it never really worked. He wasnt woeful, but his effect was greatly reduced.

I think he will suit the 5-2-3 system we have though.
I don't know what the point of having three centre-backs is if you've also got to have a destroyer in front of them, but I'm sure he'll find a way to contribute regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.