2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a knock-out game once (not sure which season) where he was absolutely incredible.

Whatever I might think of him in general, that one stuck with me. He was like Roy Keane vs Juventus.

Funnily enough I'm pretty sure the game your thinking of was Gueye v Juve too

As if I know what a 'Rhiana' song sounds like.

It was in any case very disrespectful. Taking someone's name and introducing it to the watching millions as a joke.

Shearer was sailing very close to the wind last night with that. If he didn't have Richards there laughing away at his inanity to hand it some 'cover' it would most definitely be an issue today.

It's ok fans making stuff up about his name for songs out of affection, but for someone who gets paid a fortune to talk sense about football it was out of order.

As said above: if that had been a Liverpool player being introduced to the watching millions in this country Shearer would now have a Fatwah on his head.
Give over FFS...

The song was playing in the Everton gym when Onana arrived in the video last week. There nothing offensive or disrespectful about it at all.

It was in any case very disrespectful. Taking someone's name and introducing it to the watching millions as a joke.

Shearer was sailing very close to the wind last night with that. If he didn't have Richards there laughing away at his inanity to hand it some 'cover' it would most definitely be an issue today.

It's ok fans making stuff up about his name for songs out of affection, but for someone who gets paid a fortune to talk sense about football it was out of order.

As said above: if that had been a Liverpool player being introduced to the watching millions in this country Shearer would now have a Fatwah on his head.
lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

You’ve said some ridiculous stuff Dave, this is raaar up there

Youre right, he shouldve given Villa a clean path to run at our defence insted.

Jeez, these takes are so bad.

I'll have to have a look at it again as from memory he goes charging in gives the ref an easy decision to make.

Fouling is an art in itself - players like Fernandinho get away with about 50 a game because they dont just launch in at pace but do it in a more controlled and clever way.

The last ditch tackle near the end, stopped an almost certain equalizer as that was beating the keeper imo

Yes I would agree. He was very unlucky there.

It kind of all feeds into my point that he is going to be a huge handful for team, if we can get him up the pitch. Hes unorthodox but very effective.

I think Carlos, who he a bit of a lump, had to injure himself and go full tilt to stop that goal.

You could see Villa, who to that point had looked comfortable really into complete panic.

I'll have to have a look at it again as from memory he goes charging in gives the ref an easy decision to make.

Fouling is an art in itself - players like Fernandinho get away with about 50 a game because they dont just launch in at pace but do it in a more controlled and clever way.

That was Gordon's fault mate, it was a sloppy lay off. Davies had to take that booking as we have problems on the transition. If you're going to fault him, it's that he physically cant keep up. But given his limitations he made the right decision.

Yes I would agree. He was very unlucky there.

It kind of all feeds into my point that he is going to be a huge handful for team, if we can get him up the pitch. Hes unorthodox but very effective.

I think Carlos, who he a bit of a lump, had to injure himself and go full tilt to stop that goal.

You could see Villa, who to that point had looked comfortable really into complete panic.

I agree but with a caveat - if we don't add to him then it becomes the 'only' strategy we have and you'll see teams adjust and just double up on him continuously or kick him out the game in some cases.

Need to have players around who can take advantage of what he does

That was Gordon's fault mate, it was a sloppy lay off. Davies had to take that booking as we have problems on the transition. If you're going to fault him, it's that he physically cant keep up. But given his limitations he made the right decision.

It was definitely a bad ball by Gordon mate - but im not convinced that every other player in that situation comes out with a yellow card on their first challenge of the game.

He's always getting booked because he can't tackle without launching his full body in.

Shearer with his racism over Onana's name...and that 'kin divvy Richards laughing at it.

Imagine those two chuckleheads taking the piss out of a Liverpool player like that. They'd be sweeping up the bullets from their hallways.
Racism?

Jesus Christ, Dave people like you who make up racism where there absolutely isn't any are a massive problem in the world these days.

Not even a slight inkling of racism from what was said on Tele.

Stop being a massive bellend.

The idea is that we will win the midfield battle with the pace and power of Onana and Iwobi either side of Ghana who sits in front of the back 4, this allows Patterson and Myko to get forward and supply the front 3.
Having a decent front 3 that can score goals is also critical to this formation work as it takes the pressure off everyone.

But hey what do I know I‘m not a football manager.
Yes but i thought we’d reached a consensus during Gana’s first period with us thath he was not a 6

Hes always getting booked for me mate.

A problem with our squad is we either have brainless players or players physically spent

Holgate
Davies
Keane
Gray
Doucoure

Players who have decent attributes but lack positional awareness or when and when not to tackle/pass/cross etc

Gomes
Coleman
Gbamin
Dele

Players who are physically not upto this league.

Well at least you’re not moaning about the stadium.

Carry on dave.

View attachment 177518

96EA9F8C-86F8-4D61-AC00-C159A54D8BD1.jpeg

One of yours I believe lol

I'm new here but you don't seem too fond of the Scottish or is that just how you come across ?

Status
Not open for further replies.