Am I Crazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnydawg68

Chairperson, People's Front of Saint Domingo
IF (CAPITAL LETTERS)...Pienaar can get and stay healthy...his attributes would seem to my admittedly untrained eyes...to be a perfect #10. He's always had some of the best on ball skills in our side, and his vision and knack for a clever pass has always impressed me. He doesn't have the legs to play out wide anymore, and he was always tucking in anyway with Baines out wide...which is obviously not a feature of our team anymore.

It's a moot point now, but when Pienaar returns, why not play him centrally and conduct the orchestra?

Ok now you can tell me I'm crazy.

I'm sure I read a few times that the manager saw him playing centrally in the future but injuries ensured it never happened.

Fitness issues probably kill this idea unfortunately .

IF (CAPITAL LETTERS)...Pienaar can get and stay healthy...his attributes would seem to my admittedly untrained eyes...to be a perfect #10. He's always had some of the best on ball skills in our side, and his vision and knack for a clever pass has always impressed me. He doesn't have the legs to play out wide anymore, and he was always tucking in anyway with Baines out wide...which is obviously not a feature of our team anymore.

It's a moot point now, but when Pienaar returns, why not play him centrally and conduct the orchestra?

Ok now you can tell me I'm crazy.
Pienaar is done. Has been for 18 months.

Always fancied Stevie P behind the striker. I fear his days are numbered though.

I remember watching us against Malaga (I think) in a pre-season friendly a few years ago. We spent the last 15 minutes playing with Fellaini and Arteta sat behind Pienaar in a midfield triangle. I thought we were going to win the league.

Remember when Arteta was out for a year and Pienaar played a few games in center mid and did really well? I'm getting moist just thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.