Am I a real fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cowboy

Player Valuation: £60m
Hello all,

Having recently joined this forum, it seems that in the main, folk on here are pretty die-hard Everton fans. Which is cool. I do love Everton, but I have some limitations.

1) I don't go the match (this is financial and geographical rather than from a lack of want)
2) I've never bought an Everton shirt (last one was bought for me in 1995)
3) I would never wear a football shirt other than when I play football
4) The idea of dressing my kids up in Everton kit, no thanks
5) Naming my kids after Everton players, no thanks
6) When we win its great, when we lose, well, it doesn't ruin my weekend.

Not casting aspertions on anyone, but just wondering where you think you rank on the fandom scale?

Hello all,

Having recently joined this forum, it seems that in the main, folk on here are pretty die-hard Everton fans. Which is cool. I do love Everton, but I have some limitations.

1) I don't go the match (this is financial and geographical rather than from a lack of want)

Not casting aspertions on anyone, but just wondering where you think you rank on the fandom scale?

Don't worry about it mate -- I only come on here when Mumsnet's quiet tbh

We haven't won anything for 20 years so that rules out glory hunter.

to be honest it boils down to this. Do you care about Everton? Do you actually have feelings when reading or talking about the club? Do you care for them above most other things? would your banner hold St Rupert ls tower if it came to war?

That's a fan.

Hello all,

Its alright mate. I don't know if I'll ever be able to make it to a game, and this is the first year I am buying a shirt, but I consistently have to wake up at 3/4 in the morning to watch the blues. Doesn't make me a better or worse fan than anyone else.
If you support the blues, you're sound and thats all that counts.
*Pulls out Everton vuvuzela and #1 Everton Fan shirt from closet

Hello all,

What do you enjoy about being an Everton fan? That is a better indicator of the things you don't like/do. Nothing wrong with being a casual fan if that's what you are.

Although some die hards may disagree. Many are trying to get new 'fans' on the back of Tim Howards WC performance. They'll know nothing about us but if they start following that's all good.

I think there's a huge difference between a fan and a supporter.

You seem to be in the fan section, which isn't a good or bad thing. Either way you're helping Everton out, probably unintentionally.

Hello all,

Last time I wore an Everton shirt was the cup final defeat to Chelsea, haven't worn one since cos it shows how horrifically large my tits have got. If they started selling one that was an XL round the bottom and neck, but a XXL round the moobs then I might consider buying one.

Don't buy the kids kit because I think they look like one of those cheapo knock off kits you get off the market when they haven't got the sponsor on, the sort you'd have got bullied for when you were younger.

It does mostly ruin my weekend if we lose, usually because it's accompanied by the typical 'it's only a game' comment by my mrs.

Describe the emotions the following images create:
luis-suarez_2744043b.jpg

article-1351440948627-15bacfc8000005dc-129129_636x300.jpg

Pepperoni-Pineapple-pizza-24146386-500-332.jpg

Re Point 6 - I'd be lying if I said it didn't peeve me somewhat when we lose.

At least we'll be playing a lot more on Sunday this season, so it'll only ruin Sunday evening!

Status
Not open for further replies.