Allardyce axed after Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it not dawned on anyone yet that San has no interest being here. It’s purely the money. He’s being paid to keep us up, so has zero incentive to go and win games and put us in the top seven, if he can get a point here and there that’s all he’s going to do. He gets paid to keep us up so why would he risk going for a win when he can settle for a draw and keep us up and get paid

Not only that but with the club moaning about Europe this season I really don’t see them putting any effort in to trying for the top seven.

Thats like saying if you have a stomach bug you may as well eat rotten meat mate.

It's not though. Not at all.

We need a left-back. Sam wants a left back. More precisely, by all accounts we're after a full-back who likes to get forward ala Baines. What's wrong there?

He wants a midfielder who can add some presence and control to our play. Again, don't we need just that? N'Zonzi would be a player most managers would have in their starting XIs. In fact, it's telling that the only coach who hasn't used him ultimately ended up losing his job within four months and now Montella has come in at Sevilla, he's straight back in the first team (albeit would still be keen for a move away by all accounts).

My general point is Sam isn't signing 'big Sam' players. He's trying to sign players for positions we need.

Walcott has played at Arsenal for 12 years. Is he a 'big Sam' player. Tosun isn't your typical 'lump it up', Carroll-esque forward either.

16 pages in since after 8pm last night, we really do know how to get our knickers in a twist and get all emotional don't we

p.s. sam out

Mahrez against Martina... Vardy against Williams/Jags

Followed next game after by Aubamayang against Jagielka/Williams... Kihytarian and Ozil against Schneiderlin...

Then we've got Martina or Kenny against Zaha to enjoy. It's going to be awful

Has it not dawned on anyone yet that San has no interest being here. It’s purely the money. He’s being paid to keep us up, so has zero incentive to go and win games and put us in the top seven, if he can get a point here and there that’s all he’s going to do. He gets paid to keep us up so why would he risk going for a win when he can settle for a draw and keep us up and get paid

Not only that but with the club moaning about Europe this season I really don’t see them putting any effort in to trying for the top seven.

Yeah that's right, he is purposely not winning games as it makes him look better...

Genius.

I don't mind giving Sam money as it doesn't seem he's bringing in a particular 'type' of player.

He's wanting a left-back and a big powerful midfielder.

We need those anyway, regardless of who's in charge.

He's brought in Walcott and a striker. We needed those anyway.

I just don't blame Sam for everything. It's not just his tactics that are the problem. The rot had set in a long time before he got here.

He's the last thing you need when the rot has set in. He'll simply speed up the process

I'm very happy with Walcott. Not sure at all on Tosun. He's clearly not a bad player, but he's extremely slow. I was shocked at the weekend tbh. Last thing we needed in our team was a snail paced target man. I can see DCL ending up starting again.

Earlier he goes the better. Why allow the problem to spread when there are plenty of remedies out there.

He's the last thing you need when the rot has set in. He'll simply speed up the process

I'm very happy with Walcott. Not sure at all on Tosun. He's clearly not a bad player, but he's extremely slow. I was shocked at the weekend tbh. Last thing we needed in our team was a snail paced target man. I can see DCL ending up starting again.

Earlier he goes the better. Why allow the problem to spread when there are plenty of remedies out there.

I agree that Tosun looks slow, but it wasn't a problem in the Turkish League or CL because Besiktas played with a proper front three, meaning he had pace around him.

We have the players to do that but I also agree that Sam never will. We need a progressive manager but it ain't happening before the summer.

I do think that Sam can spot a player though. He just doesn't know how to get the best out of them because he's stuck in his ways.

That's my point. I wouldn't mind him having money to spend on areas that clearly need bolstering. I think Bryan would be a good acquisition at left-back and N'Zonzi a really good addition for midfield, that most managers worth their salt would want to use.

It's not though. Not at all.

We need a left-back. Sam wants a left back. More precisely, by all accounts we're after a full-back who likes to get forward ala Baines. What's wrong there?

He wants a midfielder who can add some presence and control to our play. Again, don't we need just that? N'Zonzi would be a player most managers would have in their starting XIs. In fact, it's telling that the only coach who hasn't used him ultimately ended up losing his job within four months and now Montella has come in at Sevilla, he's straight back in the first team (albeit would still be keen for a move away by all accounts).

My general point is Sam isn't signing 'big Sam' players. He's trying to sign players for positions we need.

Walcott has played at Arsenal for 12 years. Is he a 'big Sam' player. Tosun isn't your typical 'lump it up', Carroll-esque forward either.

So basically mate, he's signing players we need that don't suit the style of play he wants to use, and he persists with that style despite it, great recruitment and tactics from him then

I agree that Tosun looks slow, but it wasn't a problem in the Turkish League or CL because Besiktas played with a proper front three, meaning he had pace around him.

We have the players to do that but I also agree that Sam never will. We need a progressive manager but it ain't happening before the summer.

I do think that Sam can spot a player though. He just doesn't know how to get the best out of them because he's stuck in his ways.

That's my point. I wouldn't mind him having money to spend on areas that clearly need bolstering. I think Bryan would be a good acquisition at left-back and N'Zonzi a really good addition for midfield, that most managers worth their salt would want to use.

Where's the evidence he can spot a player mate, which gems has he unearthed in his thirty years managing?

So basically mate, he's signing players we need that don't suit the style of play he wants to use, and he persists with that style despite it, great recruitment and tactics from him then

The tactics are awful, I've said that.

But if you have quality players - like we saw with that one bit of quality from Rooney into Walcott the other day - they can have an impact going forward.

N'Zonzi and an attacking left back would improve us. I don't mind Sam been given the money to bring those two in.

Status
Not open for further replies.