2020/21 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not a proper defensive midfielder he needs a Gana alongside him as he likes to get forward and is decent on the ball.

He's not a proper defensive midfielder he needs a Gana alongside him as he likes to get forward and is decent on the ball.
Gana wasn’t a natural defensive midfielder either IMO

but yes he’s more suited to having a bit more freedom. Was a strange set up tonight, was Coleman Right mid or wing back. If it was more of a 442 I’d of played a diamond with Davies at the base, Allan & Doucoure wide.

I don’t see Carlo sticking to one system next season, but he need to target the players that will be comfortable in the systems he does use.

Gana wasn’t a natural defensive midfielder either IMO

but yes he’s more suited to having a bit more freedom. Was a strange set up tonight, was Coleman Right mid or wing back. If it was more of a 442 I’d of played a diamond with Davies at the base, Allan & Doucoure wide.

I don’t see Carlo sticking to one system next season, but he need to target the players that will be comfortable in the systems he does use.

I dont know why he's gone back to the 442 /352 of last season which was dour when 433 has been our best formation.

Imagine playing in a midfield with Marek Hamsik and Jorginho at Napoli before swapping to Gomes and Soggy here. He must think he’s being punished by God.
Tbf Jorginho and Gomes seem similar from the few times I've seen him. Cant dribble, can't tackle, slow but decent on the ball

Imagine playing in a midfield with Marek Hamsik and Jorginho at Napoli before swapping to Gomes and Soggy here. He must think he’s being punished by God.
Tbf Jorginho and Gomes seem similar from the few times I've seen him. Cant dribble, can't tackle, slow but decent on the ball

Think the big thing is Allan isn't a defensive midfielder, shouldn't be the player sitting in front of the defence as he's too aggressive and gets caught wrong side of the ball too often. We need a proper DM - maybe even Berge - to come in and give him then the freedom of going box-to-box with Doucoure.

Plays like it matters
That’s the difference
We haven’t got enough of those in the team

I agree he plays like it matters but I also think it matters to some of our more criticised players, its just they are immobile sloths and thus give the impression they aren't trying.

He's excellent on the ball, he can really pick a pass. We need more of that in the team.

My only criticism - which reading the last page of this thread I see is held by others - is that he runs past the ball far too often. He's so quick into the challenge, and misses more often than he connects, then has to turn round and chase play.

Not ideal for a defensive midfielder.

He’s the elephant in the room. The £25m number 1 priority signing who was going to be the poster boy for our brave new world just has next to no influence on games. The odd thumping tackle and occasional gallop forward evidently does enough to con some people but he just doesn’t have anywhere near enough of an impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.