2020/21 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did say a while back as well, this season, of all seasons will be harder to return from muscle injuries, A shortened pre seaso, on the back of a pretty chaotic 6 months prior is not a recipe for anything other than problems.

The only thing you can say, is that Allan still has some value playing within himself. He reads the game quite well, is a decent passer and tackler. You can see that in his pomp, as a box to box midfielder he would have been top draw, but could still be a decent 6.

I'll be honest, I am slightly concerned at Calvert Lewins muscle injuries. You don't want to start getting them at 23/24 so the club have to be really careful.
My worry too, especially with DCL’s energetic playing style, hamstring injuries are the last thing he need this early in his career. He will need to have his fitness constantly monitored, and, we can’t carry on playing him to death. With his game he can’t keep playing twice a week with no respite. I said at the time of his first ‘hammy’, a lot of the blame was on the club for letting Kean and Walcott go out on loan and not bringing in a decent back up striker.

My worry too, especially with DCL’s energetic playing style, hamstring injuries are the last thing he need this early in his career. He will need to have his fitness constantly monitored, and, we can’t carry on playing him to death. With his game he can’t keep playing twice a week with no respite. I said at the time of his first ‘hammy’, a lot of the blame was on the club for letting Kean and Walcott go out on loan and not bringing in a decent back up striker.
Im sure another top striker will be brought in for next season, so DCL should have it a bit easier after this season.

Just seen that on xPTS table that with him in our team we were top 6 but since losing him we are 18th on xPTS, think that is kinda interesting but then also just seen that Brighton would be third on xPTS ahaha
The fact that
A ) You knew that table existed
B ) You knew where to find it
C )You bothered to read it
D) You quoted it as having some relevance
Says a lot

Think he should start tonight, even if it's just getting an hour under his belt.

Get about their midfield with him, Davies and Doucoure. Crowd Ward-Prowse out and look to hit them quickly, no safe passing - need people who run with the ball.

Can always then bring on Gomes/Sigurdsson later in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.