2020/21 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played pretty well for us at times when he wasn't injured but im not sure he was the essential dominating figure some try to pretend he was, i can remember several times where he looked off the pace.

He's got to start at some point, can't protect these fellas forever,he breaks down,he breaks down,he's a great player but our history of buying expensive crocks is horrific.

He played pretty well for us at times when he wasn't injured but im not sure he was the essential dominating figure some try to pretend he was, i can remember several times where he looked off the pace.

I suppose it easy to use stats but I mean
in his role it’s important to have someone who’s gonna get stuck in and make important tackles and blocks and given he’s only played a handful of games and yet he’s still dominating the most tackles and blocks (for non defenders) I’d say that proves we are really missing him. Even when he looks off he’s contributing more so than any of our other slugs. He’s also covered the most ground in the stats.

90-AB7-B1-B-7-DE1-4-FF2-BA12-99-BF895247-FA.jpg

58-EF8555-7-AEE-4-B6-D-BF5-B-909-ADD6011-CA.jpg

....and that’s the problem with hamstrings, players often play within themselves to protect them.

I did say a while back as well, this season, of all seasons will be harder to return from muscle injuries, A shortened pre seaso, on the back of a pretty chaotic 6 months prior is not a recipe for anything other than problems.

The only thing you can say, is that Allan still has some value playing within himself. He reads the game quite well, is a decent passer and tackler. You can see that in his pomp, as a box to box midfielder he would have been top draw, but could still be a decent 6.

I'll be honest, I am slightly concerned at Calvert Lewins muscle injuries. You don't want to start getting them at 23/24 so the club have to be really careful.

Our midfield has been really poor in his absence but he's been out for so long and if he's off the pace it could be a blood bath. Then again it'll probably be a blood bath anyway. Who knows what to do.

As much as I want to see the little pit bull back, I’m not sure throwing him straight into the derby after 2 months out with a hamstring tear is the wisest move.
I would say he's probably been ready for a week or so and they've give that extra time knowing what game he was going to return on.
The Fulham game we probably thought we didn't need him to get the 3 points
The City game he probably wouldn't have made much of a difference given the opposition.

Hopefully he's full up to speed.

He could be the difference for us today. I wonder if Ancelotti thinks the same and thought the Man City game was too close to this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.