2020/21 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best chance might be to sit deep and try and counter attack on them. They like to do this but as shown the last time we played them they are a bit clueless if they have to play through you. Doucoure was immense that match though so he is a huge miss as is Allan.
Yeah, that’s the game plan that I see us going with, just gotta hope for a decent break and a moment of quality - the loss of Vardy will hurt them

We need to get to a point where we have like for like attributes backing up our first teachers, Davies and Gomes are very very different to Allan and Doucoure
I’m hoping that when he comes back Gbamin will be a bit more that style of player, but realistically his pace will have been hit massively so he won’t be covering much ground I expect (though I’d love to be wrong)

I think he'll play Digne myself, Carlo said he expected both Digne and Iwobi to be available for Leicester. It may mean Holgate slipping into midfield or even Godfrey, who knows?

I too suspect the middle will be Gomez and Davies as Carlo spoke on both as being ready when questioned re-Allan injury and Doucoure's suspension. Many questioned Carlo's lineup against Sheff United until we won. it's true they failed against Rotherham when none of those selected seemed to raise their game for the FA Cup.

There won't be complacency here it matters too much, it's about Carlo finding a way to make this work even if we all think it's hopeless.

He's paid millions we aren't and Sheff United and that line up working showed why
Im not sure it worked that well v shef Utd, we hardly had any attempts at goal, one
In the 2nd half I think, which obviously was the goal. It’s not like we played brilliant and battered them.

Unfortunately I don’t think we much options v Leicester and the midfield will be Davies & Gomes and siggurdsson. Im still confident we can get a result.

Im not sure it worked that well v shef Utd, we hardly had any attempts at goal, one
In the 2nd half I think, which obviously was the goal. It’s not like we played brilliant and battered them.

Unfortunately I don’t think we much options v Leicester and the midfield will be Davies & Gomes and siggurdsson. Im still confident we can get a result.

It worked in that we found a way to win, we had players missing and you can't just magic up replacements or expect the personnel left to dominate when they're just not capable of it. What he did was alter his tactics accordingly to play without the ball, nullify the opposition and take one of the few opportunities that came our way.

Plan and play with the resources that are available not those we wish we had.

Plan A worked

It worked in that we found a way to win, we had players missing and you can't just magic up replacements or expect the personnel left to dominate when they're just not capable of it. What he did was alter his tactics accordingly to play without the ball, nullify the opposition and take one of the few opportunities that came our way.

Plan and play with the resources that are available not those we wish we had.

Plan A worked
Yes but it’s easy in hindsight to say the plan worked, when we won, but we played a poor side and a draw was probably a fair result. We huffed & puffed over the line. We won’t beat Leicester like that

Yes but it’s easy in hindsight to say the plan worked, when we won, but we played a poor side and a draw was probably a fair result. We huffed & puffed over the line. We won’t beat Leicester like that

Yes he'll have to adapt play without the ball, most of all look towards a clean sheet. Without Vardy the ability to stretch defences creating space for the likes of Harvey Barnes is no longer there. Carlo is a master tactician and he will have taken note.

Carlo is a top class manager a perennial winner, the keyboard warriors, myself included, think we know better every week, it's laughable really.

Status
Not open for further replies.