Confirmed Signing Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a normal valued transfer for us... the same type of price as Gomes, Kean, Mina, Bolasie, less than Sigurdsson/Richarlison... so its not like we are betting the house on him.

Looking outside the six clbs that are financially well ahead of us, the transfers last season were- Fornals 28M, Sarr 30M, Haller 50M, Joelinton 44M, Ayoze Perez 33M, Danjuma 18M, Billing 16M, Ings 22M, Webster 22M, Maupay 22M, Trossard 20M, Berge 21M, McBurnie 19M, Wesley 25M, Mings 23M... id say there are very few players on that list that you could say that are less of a risk than Allan at 25M.

It looks like there is very little value out there... and for every great gem a club finds on the cheap there are guaranteed to be a load of other transfers they have made that havent paid off...

Think there's more chance of Hojberg turning into a Morgan Schneiderlin than Allan.

I get there won't be much or any resale value in the deal but generally, the average squad age is coming down. We need a few experienced players in the mix.

Watched the games in which Napoli turned over Liverpool and he was instrumental. Full of energy and gave them no respect.

I guess it is but I'm not really too worried about someone's legs starting to go at 24

GettyImages-1168632987.jpg

You should be...

Seems a normal valued transfer for us... the same type of price as Gomes, Kean, Mina, Bolasie, less than Sigurdsson/Richarlison... so its not like we are betting the house on him.

Looking outside the six clbs that are financially well ahead of us, the transfers last season were- Fornals 28M, Sarr 30M, Haller 50M, Joelinton 44M, Ayoze Perez 33M, Danjuma 18M, Billing 16M, Ings 22M, Webster 22M, Maupay 22M, Trossard 20M, Berge 21M, McBurnie 19M, Wesley 25M, Mings 23M... id say there are very few players on that list that you could say that are less of a risk than Allan at 25M.

It looks like there is very little value out there... and for every great gem a club finds on the cheap there are guaranteed to be a load of other transfers they have made that havent paid off...

Yeah it’s a fine price honestly, similar to Gana. It should not be the norm for the club because we can’t afford it, but the midfield is that desperate and Allan provides a lot of what we’re missing in one player. We NEED someone like that if Carlo persists with the 442.

He has years of experience in this league and is world class. Allan is a risky signing for a PL club.

I have no idea if he will be good enough in this league. He plays in the league which is probably the least similar to the PL of all the top 5 leagues.
But Ancelotti has experience in this league and thinks he can do a job. I’ll trust him. He may be wrong, he may be awful and too slow and old. But he may be just what we need. If Carlo wants him, get him.

Yeah it’s a fine price honestly, similar to Gana. It should not be the norm for the club because we can’t afford it, but the midfield is that desperate and Allan provides a lot of what we’re missing in one player. We NEED someone like that if Carlo persists with the 442.
I dunno about the prices. Think that when you see a player like Maguire going for 80M and someone like Richarlison touted for an even higher price then mid-20s is the market rate for clubs like us, but lets see what the long term outlook is after COVID

Some of these figures are grim. A little reassuring that we're not the only ones spending big bucks on bang average players...

As for Allan - obviously walks into the team and immediately is one of the better players. Understand concerns around his age (I've had some myself) but from what I've read he seems like he could still be useful when his legs go and, on another point, I think I read somewhere Coleman is now the squad's oldest player at 31, so someone of Allan's age, experience AND ability would probably be quite impactful on this squad.

Some of these figures are grim. A little reassuring that we're not the only ones spending big bucks on bang average players...

As for Allan - obviously walks into the team and immediately is one of the better players. Understand concerns around his age (I've had some myself) but from what I've read he seems like he could still be useful when his legs go and, on another point, I think I read somewhere Coleman is now the squad's oldest player at 31, so someone of Allan's age, experience AND ability would probably be quite impactful on this squad.

I think of it this way.. when we sold Lescott for 25M we could buy three or four players including Heitinga and Distin with the money. Now Leicester sell Maguire for 80M, similar standard and they can buy three or four players with that... just the (normal??) inflation of the transfer market

From his Wiki, surely this will bin any doubts you've got:

Considered by several pundits and footballing figures to be one of the best midfielders in Serie A,[20] Europe,[21] and world football,[22] Allan operates primarily as a defensive midfielder or as a central midfielder in the mezzala role, and is equally comfortable at playing both in an attacking and defensive midfield role; he is also capable of being deployed in a deeper role as a playmaker. As such, he has also been labelled a box-to-box midfielder in the media. He is also capable of playing on the left or right flank, and has even been deployed as a full-back on occasion.

Normally deployed as a holding midfielder in front of the back-line, Allan is known as a dynamic, physically strong, tenacious, and energetic right-footed midfielder, with good ball-winning abilities. He also possesses good technique, dribbling skills, pace and good long passing ability, which enables him to start attacking plays after winning back possession. He has been described as a complete and tactically versatile midfielder, who is different from traditional defensive midfielders, due to his reputation for dribbling past defenders and passing the ball through the legs of an opponent, a move known as the nutmeg.
Change the right footed into left footed and maybe the Wiki page of Delph reads the same lol. No seriously i really hope this one comes off. Of all the high profile names Ancelotti has worked with he seems the one whom we can get

Status
Not open for further replies.