Confirmed Signing Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am inclined to agree with this. If he signs and "fails" then he would be another player hard to shift, assuming he would be on a decent wage.

He certainly isn't over the hill but younger players have found it hard to adapt to the physicality of the PL, and if he does sign, he is going to be expected to pivot the whole midfield, and do it quickly.

We don't have the luxury of any new signings coasting along for a year, whilst they adapt, or not adapting at all.

It's the same for any new signing, but I think the risks are more weighted against us for this one.

I'll be delighted if he signs and is a roaring success.

We currently have around 10 players draining a wage from this club who we paid MASSIVE money for.

I would rather we didn't add another.

Carlo wants this player, so by all means sign him, but to stress, I really hope he's everything people think he is.

It's the sort of signing that has to work if we go for it. If it fails then we have spent a huge amount on a player who we can't sell and is a high earner.

I want to see a change in policy away from these sort of players because it hasn't worked for us so far and is extremely high risk.

Under Brands we have never done this before.

I did explain my doubts regarding this player above mate.

Ive watched him on youtube and he looks what we need, but I've seen many, many players come from other leagues and stink the place out, that's why I have doubts.

Of course buying overpriced tat from this league certainly isn't the answer either.

So as I said, I really hope this fella is as good as many of you think, cos if not we are goosed.
From his Wiki, surely this will bin any doubts you've got:

Considered by several pundits and footballing figures to be one of the best midfielders in Serie A,[20] Europe,[21] and world football,[22] Allan operates primarily as a defensive midfielder or as a central midfielder in the mezzala role, and is equally comfortable at playing both in an attacking and defensive midfield role; he is also capable of being deployed in a deeper role as a playmaker. As such, he has also been labelled a box-to-box midfielder in the media. He is also capable of playing on the left or right flank, and has even been deployed as a full-back on occasion.

Normally deployed as a holding midfielder in front of the back-line, Allan is known as a dynamic, physically strong, tenacious, and energetic right-footed midfielder, with good ball-winning abilities. He also possesses good technique, dribbling skills, pace and good long passing ability, which enables him to start attacking plays after winning back possession. He has been described as a complete and tactically versatile midfielder, who is different from traditional defensive midfielders, due to his reputation for dribbling past defenders and passing the ball through the legs of an opponent, a move known as the nutmeg.

Delph

Lower fee, but a high risk move that badly backfired.

I don't think Delph is high risk.

It certainly hasn't worked out, but Delph will cost us less than Allans transfer fee all being told I reckon.

I suspect he will be moved on in the next few windows.

8m fee, 2 years wages 18m.

Very low risk all being told.
From his Wiki, surely this will bin any doubts you've got:

Considered by several pundits and footballing figures to be one of the best midfielders in Serie A,[20] Europe,[21] and world football,[22] Allan operates primarily as a defensive midfielder or as a central midfielder in the mezzala role, and is equally comfortable at playing both in an attacking and defensive midfield role; he is also capable of being deployed in a deeper role as a playmaker. As such, he has also been labelled a box-to-box midfielder in the media. He is also capable of playing on the left or right flank, and has even been deployed as a full-back on occasion.

Normally deployed as a holding midfielder in front of the back-line, Allan is known as a dynamic, physically strong, tenacious, and energetic right-footed midfielder, with good ball-winning abilities. He also possesses good technique, dribbling skills, pace and good long passing ability, which enables him to start attacking plays after winning back possession. He has been described as a complete and tactically versatile midfielder, who is different from traditional defensive midfielders, due to his reputation for dribbling past defenders and passing the ball through the legs of an opponent, a move known as the nutmeg.

Ive read it mate and I've seen his little nutmegs in the middle of the park on youtube, he looks what we need.

But can he adapt to the hardest league in the world? Does he have hunger and desire left?

Lets find out.

Reactions: FTY

If we sign him then we’d have to assume that Carlo is confident he can adjust to the league.

As mentioned he’s risky on paper as he’s not played in the PL, but his performances against the best team in Europe/England (Liverpool unfortunately) showed that he can perform against the best PL teams.

Hopefully the price is lower than the £30m touted but ultimately the price is the price.

If we sign him then we’d have to assume that Carlo is confident he can adjust to the league.

As mentioned he’s risky on paper as he’s not played in the PL, but his performances against the best team in Europe/England (Liverpool unfortunately) showed that he can perform against the best PL teams.

Hopefully the price is lower than the £30m touted but ultimately the price is the price.

We are 5m apart, the sensible thing is to meet in the middle, but on 1 side you have Marcel "I pay what I want" Brands and the Napoli fella who is as mad as a bag of frogs, so who knows, currently I reckon the player is on holiday, so no real rush just yet.

We are 5m apart, the sensible thing is to meet in the middle, but on 1 side you have Marcel "I pay what I want" Brands and the Napoli fella who is as mad as a bag of frogs, so who knows, currently I reckon the player is on holiday, so no real rush just yet.

Marcel is probably trying to buy Koulibaly and Allan for £60m combined.

Ancelotti wants him badly so Ancelotti should have him. I get the impression Brands doesn't want him, which for reasons of cost and riskiness is all very well but Carlo must have final say, for me. Allow him to stand or fall on his own signings.
I'd prefer if we didn't think that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.