2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
£35 - 40 mill mate given his contract situation, age and what we paid.

If he keeps this form over the whole season, I may revise though.
Thats why I think it is crucial that we extend his deal.

If we get him on a 4-5 year deal and he continues this form until the end of the season he will be worth considerably more than the £35m we paid.

Amazing turnaround on the pitch and commercially for the club.

He still was overpriced at £35m, but we're definitely getting something great out of him. With Onana, IGG, Allan, Doucoure, Garner, Davies, I wonder where he ranks. Probably IGG, Onana & Doucoure could be the first choice, but with IGG and Onana's age, Iwobi, Allan, Davies & Garner should have plenty of opportunities.
If he’d have played at this level since signing I don’t think he was overpriced tbh

He was rubbish until Frank but since then he’s been our best player and worth the fee

So the question is - was he mismanaged by Carlo and Benitez? He came out in the media saying he was a central midfielder under Carlo I remember and it was laughed off… guess he knew what he was capable of all along!

If he’d have played at this level since signing I don’t think he was overpriced tbh

He was rubbish until Frank but since then he’s been our best player and worth the fee

So the question is - was he mismanaged by Carlo and Benitez? He came out in the media saying he was a central midfielder under Carlo I remember and it was laughed off… guess he knew what he was capable of all along!

Yeah maybe they didn't now why they'd signed him, and we had Doucoure, Allan, Gomes or Davies as the starting 3. Doucoure, Allan, Iwobi (at this level) would have been pretty good!

at the moment, I see it as

1. Iwobi
2. Onana
3. Gana
4. Davies
5. Doucoure
6- Garner
7. Allan

I think Frank likes Davies, he has been decent recently but he wont be first choice.
Doucoure cant pass to anything blue when pressed
Garner needs time and opportunities
Allan as slow as a sunken ship
I agree, I think it's more likely Allan and Doucs will get moved on. Davies will be less terrified of making a howler playing alongside any two of Iwobi, Gana and Onana. Who knows maybe Frank can get him playing at a decent level consistently for the first time in his Everton career.

Regardless of valuation I think everybody can agree that in 2022 he has made his price tag look like very good value.

An important point for me because it is another player that has proven value for money and a player less that fits into the wasted money narrative.

Player, I mean, man of the match in every game so far. Unbelievable really after he was so abysmally and painfully bad for over two full years. Well done Mr Alex and keep it up.

at the moment, I see it as

1. Iwobi
2. Onana
3. Gana
4. Davies
5. Doucoure
6- Garner
7. Allan

I think Frank likes Davies, he has been decent recently but he wont be first choice.
Doucoure cant pass to anything blue when pressed
Garner needs time and opportunities
Allan as slow as a sunken ship

Think Garner when match fit moves ahead of both Doucoure and Davies - honestly don't think Allan will play another minute for the club now.

Status
Not open for further replies.