2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was never a doubter of Iwobi’s ability. I think people naturally exaggerate when people are in form or stinking the place out.

But he always showed qualities, even under Ancelotti, and versatility.

Even when he came here, when Bernard was here, he always showed similar qualities to the Brazilian, the ability to drift inside from the left, link up and buzz about the pitch. The ability to receive the ball under pressure and have the strength, which is an underrated quality of Iwobi’s (he’s physically strong) to hold off opposition players.

But end product/goal return is so important and he just wasn’t that guy.

But I must say, even as someone who didn’t completely doubt him, I thought his days where numbered. Once the fans turn on you it’s a tough road ahead.

Good on him for fighting through all that. And he’s looking good in the CM role. A real athlete too. Keep it up!

His worst game a for a while yesterday, i thought he looked right off his game, but having put in a long string of cracking shifts, he is entitled to a few poor ones.

Iwobi has played rwb about 5 times in his Everton career, he was useless when he signed as a winger, which is a position he's played most of his career.

He's been immense as a CM so him and Frank both deserve credit for that, but let's not pretend he was playing out of position when we originally signed him.
He is a good midfielder and a bad winger but we weren't playing him out of position on the wing isn't logic I follow tbh

He is a good midfielder and a bad winger but we weren't playing him out of position on the wing isn't logic I follow tbh

He's been a winger for about 10 years, a very very average one. Frank seen that and changed it, but again he was being asked to play a position he had played for a LONG time when he signed and it done it awfully

In hindsight probably not, however your making out as if he was signed as a winger and being made to play rwb for 2 and a half years before we played him cm.

He was signed as a winger and played mostly as a winger.
We signed a midfielder and didn't realize for a long time. And you're understanding the amount he played RWB.

He played 2 or 3 games there.

He was awful for years, it had nothing to do with his position on the pitch, this idea that pro footballers cant adapt to different roles is utterly laughable.

I played all over the pitch.
Yeah I'm sure Haaland would be just as good at fullback actually good point

He played 2 or 3 games there.

He was awful for years, it had nothing to do with his position on the pitch, this idea that pro footballers cant adapt to different roles is utterly laughable.

I played all over the pitch.

Goat your teammates telling you every game "Jesus Goat, you're all over the show" may not have been the compliment you took it as

Status
Not open for further replies.