2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but Sam Allardyce has also done this, it's not a mark of having a better viewpoint of a player than someone else because you've lived longer 😂

I agree with your assessment of Iwobi, except the key passes bit, which isn't done on a regular enough basis. He's in arguably the most important position in the side, similar to a number 10 in Rugby, if the team plays poorly he will cop more criticism than others because he's in the spotlight, but that's more reason to get this position right.

And that’s a couple of good points. Now who do we have who you would replace him with or even easier, who from anywhere else would you replace him with…..bearing in mind I remember when we signed old broken legs Reid for £60K……

Nice. How much is that going to cost then mate, a young player, talented, able to make step up from lower league first time of asking. better numbers than Iwobi. Sounds like a lot of money to me.

Who said young and talented? I'm saying literally any championship player would have more impact than this bum does.

He's got 7 goals in about 150 games.

And that’s a couple of good points. Now who do we have who you would replace him with or even easier, who from anywhere else would you replace him with…..bearing in mind I remember when we signed old broken legs Reid for £60K……
And that's why I'm not as aggressive in my criticism of him, because he's a player of our level at the moment, and finding someone wanting to join us is just as hard as finding the pennies to do so. But for me, if nobody else came in, I would play Garner and Oanana in the middle with Dacoure in front of him and a striker in front of him, hopefully DCL.

And that's why I'm not as aggressive in my criticism of him, because he's a player of our level at the moment, and finding someone wanting to join us is just as hard as finding the pennies to do so. But for me, if nobody else came in, I would play Garner and Oanana in the middle with Dacoure in front of him and a striker in front of him, hopefully DCL.

But I would bet you that Dyche would then still play him on either wing….

I’ve watched the blues and football in general for over 60 years, I know a decent footballer when I see one……

Then its time you gave up. In all my years following Everton he's up there as one of thee most flatters to deceive frauds. Runs around a lot and that somehow sucks people in. Hes never injured. Thats because he never tackles anyone. He pretends to go in for a challenge and then pulls out or tackles like a marshmellow. Either gives the ball away or makes the wrong choice. Cant cross a ball 99% of the time. On the rare occasion we break he slows it down by checking back on the ball.
You mentioned peter reid. Reid would have sussed this fraud out within 5 minutes. No real heart or desire to win a game. Just pure pretend that he does by running around. Luckiest player to be in the game in an era its washed with money.
Last year of his contract. Absolutely nobody is knocking on Evertons door for him, for a very good reason.

We should have been looking at players and making esquires from the from last season already so we could have a list for Dyche to look at.

But yeah, this is Everton. And when Mosh is saying stuff like we're keeping Kenwright on the board for his 'outstanding transfer market acumen', then it's no wonder we're stuck with Iwobi season after season and we're constantly fighting relegation. 🤷‍♂️

Then its time you gave up. In all my years following Everton he's up there as one of thee most flatters to deceive frauds. Runs around a lot and that somehow sucks people in. Hes never injured. Thats because he never tackles anyone. He pretends to go in for a challenge and then pulls out or tackles like a marshmellow. Either gives the ball away or makes the wrong choice. Cant cross a ball 99% of the time. On the rare occasion we break he slows it down by checking back on the ball.
You mentioned peter reid. Reid would have sussed this fraud out within 5 minutes. No real heart or desire to win a game. Just pure pretend that he does by running around. Luckiest player to be in the game in an era its washed with money.
Last year of his contract. Absolutely nobody is knocking on Evertons door for him, for a very good reason.

Very good, who would you replace him with. And by the way no one was knocking on the door to get Peter Reid if I remember correctly, but I’m sure you will know better…l

We should have been looking at players and making esquires from the from last season already so we could have a list for Dyche to look at.

But yeah, this is Everton. And when Mosh is saying stuff like we're keeping Kenwright on the board for his 'outstanding transfer market acumen', then it's no wonder we're stuck with Iwobi season after season and we're constantly fighting relegation. 🤷‍♂️

Like others on here, you are looking at the wrong position. Putting the ball in the net has driven us to two years of near relegation……

Very good, who would you replace him with. And by the way no one was knocking on the door to get Peter Reid if I remember correctly, but I’m sure you will know better…l

Come on fella. Reid was 33 when he left Everton and his body was done. I was just intrigued that you mentioned Reid. I mean talk about chalk and cheese as players. Reid genuinely wanted to win games and was all heart and guts. Coupled with being a good player to. Iwobi is the complete opposite. You can tell its just a job to him. He's physically very fit hence the running a lot. But thats it.
In answer to who id replace him with. Anyone tbh. There are bog standard midfielders in this league that would do just as much as him. And they'd probably have a better mentality.
Pound for pound there's a good argument him being the worst signing this clubs ever made.

Status
Not open for further replies.