2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
King for me mate. We literally changed the whole system today instead of just selecting King to either play up top or on the left.

Wednesday I'd be shocked if King isn't up front and Richarlison stuck back to the left. That was a shocking centre forwards effort from Richarlison today but this evening was all on Ancelotti unfortunately.

100% agree

King was the one. A powerful runner, plenty of pace and someone to ensure Richarlison wasn't isolated.

It was really, really dismal from the Don. No excuses.

100% agree

King was the one. A powerful runner, plenty of pace and someone to ensure Richarlison wasn't isolated.

It was really, really dismal from the Don. No excuses.

No excuses whatsoever mate. For once we actually had some options so there was no reason to try and fit square pegs in round holes. After 8 minutes it was obvious what was going on and a change should have been made no later than 25/30 minutes where he should have held his hand up and thought "yep this isn't working but I'll change it now"

No excuses whatsoever mate. For once we actually had some options so there was no reason to try and fit square pegs in round holes. After 8 minutes it was obvious what was going on and a change should have been made no later than 25/30 minutes where he should have held his hand up and thought "yep this isn't working but I'll change it now"
So frustrating.

So frustrating.

Unbelievably so. Every time where a chance arises to really get in the mix with the top 4, we throw it away. Carlo simply doesn't trust them enough to be able to play football. Understandable against the best sides but against Fulham....leading up to thag first goal the back 4 were on the 18 yard box, a midfield 4 were 10 yards in front, front 2 were about 40 yards behind play. Sitting so deep, inviting pressure, no conviction on the ball, no outlet.........tonight was a sorry sight thats for sure.

Unbelievably so. Every time where a chance arises to really get in the mix with the top 4, we throw it away. Carlo simply doesn't trust them enough to be able to play football. Understandable against the best sides but against Fulham....leading up to thag first goal the back 4 were on the 18 yard box, a midfield 4 were 10 yards in front, front 2 were about 40 yards behind play. Sitting so deep, inviting pressure, no conviction on the ball, no outlet.........tonight was a sorry sight thats for sure.

Tbf mate, i think today, Carlo trusted them too much.

He seemed to think he could throw them out onto the pitch with no real shape and they'd all just do a job. He decided to play Holgate and Godfrey together, rather than one with Mina or one with Keane. Decided to start Coleman, who has proven he is only capable of offering something from the bench now.

Tbf mate, i think today, Carlo trusted them too much.

He seemed to think he could throw them out onto the pitch with no real shape and they'd all just do a job. He decided to play Holgate and Godfrey together, rather than one with Mina or one with Keane. Decided to start Coleman, who has proven he is only capable of offering something from the bench now.

Yep, it was a disjointed crapshow for sure mate!

I'd love for him to play in the spot Gomes has spent a lot of time in. He can't be worse defensively and might be more consistent at getting the ball up the field.

He’s a person who always gives his all. Get him in that Xl.

Let's be fair, he was absolutely awful against Spurs mate so 100% deserved to be dropped. Its on these players to earn the right to get a run in the side ( such as Davies, his last 3 performances imo mean he warrants a start again ).

Tonight he didn't deserve to start. Wednesday.....yes he does because the people who came in didn't do enough to warrant another start Wednesday.

Ideally mate we'll get to a point where a bad game means you get lobbed on the bench. Unfortunately due to lack of depth and injuries we are nowhere near this point, otherwise Richarlison would have only played about 5 games this season lol

Let's be fair, he was absolutely awful against Spurs mate so 100% deserved to be dropped. Its on these players to earn the right to get a run in the side ( such as Davies, his last 3 performances imo mean he warrants a start again ).

Tonight he didn't deserve to start. Wednesday.....yes he does because the people who came in didn't do enough to warrant another start Wednesday.

Ideally mate we'll get to a point where a bad game means you get lobbed on the bench. Unfortunately due to lack of depth and injuries we are nowhere near this point, otherwise Richarlison would have only played about 5 games this season lol
Sigurdsson "deserved" a start and Bernard "deserved" to get subbed on but neither put us in good shape to win the match today.

I get why managers want to do that but if your game is going to be playing the guys who deserve it then you can't also for example give Pickford indefinite mulligans. Otherwise you've got to make decisions with a longer view and on the basis of what the team needs on the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.