2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't do it enough.

Its a funny one i really liked him at Arsenal and saw the potential and could see and likely argued as to why we signed him based on that potential at Arsenal. Speaking objectively though since he has been here, i just haven't seen that spark here that hes going to be the type of quality required to be honest. His performances have been better and i want him to turn into something, but i cant shake the feeling that his recent performances are just an improvement on a very low base of performance since hes been here and a bit of relief that he may not actually pull a Bolaise.

Hope im wrong, i just dont see the long term worth yet.

Its a funny one i really liked him at Arsenal and saw the potential and could see and likely argued as to why we signed him based on that potential at Arsenal. Speaking objectively though since he has been here, i just haven't seen that spark here that hes going to be the type of quality required to be honest. His performances have been better and i want him to turn into something, but i cant shake the feeling that his recent performances are just an improvement on a very low base of performance since hes been here and a bit of relief that he may not actually pull a Bolaise.

He's player we'll see used until the summer when his replacement comes in and he goes. Flashes of good play (mostly against average teams) but mostly been tat. And his private jet Instagram photos underline him to be totally out of synch with the club and what's expected of players.

Only his 3rd season as a regular starter so I’m hopeful his trajectory of improvement continues. 24 now so should be starting to show his best in the coming years.
A few more goals and assists and he might start to looks like good value
Or it could still go the other way.....

He's player we'll see used until the summer when his replacement comes in and he goes. Flashes of good play (mostly against average teams) but mostly been tat. And his private jet Instagram photos underline him to be totally out of synch with the club and what's expected of players.

Tend to agree mate, who knows, I’m not seeing anything of spark or to indicate the level of improvement required to lead in this team and that should be our target. Hopefully I’m wrong.

I’d much rather have held onto Lookman to be honest. Wasn’t the best flip.

Only his 3rd season as a regular starter so I’m hopeful his trajectory of improvement continues. 24 now so should be starting to show his best in the coming years.
A few more goals and assists and he might start to looks like good value
Or it could still go the other way.....

I hope so to mate, I want him to prove me wrong, he needs to be doing what he did Vs Wolves most weeks to have a chance in my opinion. I’m just not seeing the consistent spark or the headroom many see at the moment, I thought he had huge potential at Arsenal.

It’s a funny one, everyone’s rooting for him, but were/are really quick to boot Ade and Moise out the door, I think those lads showed way more talent and potential in their Everton careers then Alex has - he is a bit more functional though - holding shape flexibility and can be a utility to be fair.

If he can forge an understanding with James on the pitch and his confidence is high then we may see an improvement in the second half of the season.

He's started off so poorly that right now some posters are being very positive about him but he needs to show consistency and improvement.

At the moment I'd happily take a half decent fee from him but lets see how he does by season end.

He's kind of an automatic selection at this point. Unless Richarlison can regain some form he's basically the only one in the squad that can beat a man with pace (James goes by people enough but very rarely gets cleanly away from them because he's just not fast) so we just completely lose what is a very useful element.

He's kind of an automatic selection at this point. Unless Richarlison can regain some form he's basically the only one in the squad that can beat a man with pace (James goes by people enough but very rarely gets cleanly away from them because he's just not fast) so we just completely lose what is a very useful element.

Nkounkou has shown he can do that too. Gordon is also quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.