2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve read he is on 50 k on several sites, which is shocking to me if true. It shows how little he banked on himself and how little leverage he had after his stint at Arsenal. Which makes me ask, why on Earth did we spend 30 mil on a player like that?

Because we didnt have the money for zahara and need a player in. The chances him due to his stats which were decent with arsenal

He's nowhere near as bad as people make out.

He's played in his preferred position once this season, and we should have scored about 6 that day.

I'd sooner we strengthen the midfield water carriers and use him in a 433 or the 4231.

His salary costs are half that of Siggurdson. I know who I'd be pushing towards the exit door.
Yep he is GREAT. Never seen a great footballer like that! Now if he learns to play football without falling over his feet......

This preferred position nonsense to try to cover his complete lack of footballing ability is hilarious. Did he ever play in this "preferred position" at Arsenal? Like even once.

Same old nonsense was spouted about Bily, and more recently Bernard. And plenty of others.
Even if you're played "out of position" it shouldn't stop you being able to control a ball or create chances. And it doesn't prevent you from having the ability to run. He's utter pish.

Holgate throwing a couple tackles in and being lauded as a good midfielder shows how low the standards are around here.
Yes, it's very true, but it's also true that he looked like a much more accomplished midfield player compared to the dross we've fielded this season, which includes nearly 100m of so-called talent in Gomes, Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin in those central midfield slots. And, as you say, that says it all really.

Yes, it's very true, but it's also true that he looked like a much more accomplished midfield player compared to the dross we've fielded this season, which includes nearly 100m of so-called talent in Gomes, Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin in those central midfield slots. And, as you say, that says it all really.
It is true that our midfield was bad but Holgate quite literally ran hard and tackled. There was no passing to speak of because those were the games we decided to just hoof it at Dom 473 times. It isn't his fault necessarily but he showed no real ability to play midfield in anything resembling a passing system and people seriously think he's the best one in the squad.

This preferred position nonsense to try to cover his complete lack of footballing ability is hilarious. Did he ever play in this "preferred position" at Arsenal? Like even once.

Same old nonsense was spouted about Bily, and more recently Bernard. And plenty of others.
Even if you're played "out of position" it shouldn't stop you being able to control a ball or create chances. And it doesn't prevent you from having the ability to run. He's utter pish.
Agree with some points. Being out of position doesn’t affect your determination, work rate and general football brain. Yes you can be ineffective but you should still have some ability.

he isn’t going anywhere so the best e can hope for is that CA works with him and finds him a good role for him to perform. He’s been garbage and I can’t see him proving anyone wrong but who knows.

It is true that our midfield was bad but Holgate quite literally ran hard and tackled. There was no passing to speak of because those were the games we decided to just hoof it at Dom 473 times. It isn't his fault necessarily but he showed no real ability to play midfield in anything resembling a passing system and people seriously think he's the best one in the squad.
Also none of our other midfielders really show any real ability to play midfield and that unfortunately includes Gomes as well. Hopefully he comes back better into the new season after a 6 week rest now.

Agree with some points. Being out of position doesn’t affect your determination, work rate and general football brain. Yes you can be ineffective but you should still have some ability.

he isn’t going anywhere so the best e can hope for is that CA works with him and finds him a good role for him to perform. He’s been garbage and I can’t see him proving anyone wrong but who knows.
The hope is Carlo can make a few of them wake up but like you say we are stuck with so needs a chance in my opinion !

Holgate played out of position in central midfield and performed better than any of our players the whole season. Being slightly out of position is no excuse for lazy and pathetic performances.

They used to give them same excuse for when cuco the clown played left back instead of right back, like he's playing upfront or something.

Should he able to do the most basic things no matter what position you are. Iwobi of which seems incapable of.

Status
Not open for further replies.