2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
His performances have been Way below par, but I don’t get the feeling he was like his at Arsenal.
He seems low on confidence which must affect his performances. There are occasional glimpses of skill which make me think there is a player, but mostly it’s really poor.
Can he improve?
What did Brands see in him to make him pay so much?

His performances have been Way below par, but I don’t get the feeling he was like his at Arsenal.
He seems low on confidence which must affect his performances. There are occasional glimpses of skill which make me think there is a player, but mostly it’s really poor.
Can he improve?
What did Brands see in him to make him pay so much?

I don’t think he’s a ball carrier and as we are often starting from deep / counter attacking he looks uncomfortable. I think he’d look better in a team that kept the ball and stayed on the front foot so he could pick the ball up near the box and look for a short pass into feet - Arsenal used to play a lot of short passes around the box and I imagine this was where he looked at his best (although still inconsistent by all accounts). He could start to look better if the team starts to look better and play in a way he’s more suited to, but how much better even in that scenario is still an unknown.

He's weird. He shows flashes of some good stuff but, in a way, tries to play in a manner that's a bit too complicated. Like in his head he think's he's better than he is.. then has a weird moment of realisation and either does nothing of note with the ball or simply gives it away.

Like many of our lot, seems to need regular confidence boosts to feed off of. That second half against Norwich recently he looked alright, a threat going forward, but it seems the stars have to align for some of our players for that to be a consistant thing and we can't afford that.

I don’t think he’s a ball carrier and as we are often starting from deep / counter attacking he looks uncomfortable. I think he’d look better in a team that kept the ball and stayed on the front foot so he could pick the ball up near the box and look for a short pass into feet - Arsenal used to play a lot of short passes around the box and I imagine this was where he looked at his best (although still inconsistent by all accounts). He could start to look better if the team starts to look better and play in a way he’s more suited to, but how much better even in that scenario is still an unknown.
That’s probably a reasonable assessment. I do have a feeling that we are not getting the best out of him. Confidence plays a part, as does relocating from friends and family. But fundamentally we have to make sure players are in the right position.

Hope we aren't subjected to a single minute of him 'playing' tonight, but clearly we have nobody else. Or maybe he might choose Gordon and Walcott? Would be miles better than this chump

I wonder if he cuts his hair would he be better?

Like the opposite of Samson, Lukaku and Cadamarteri?

Status
Not open for further replies.