2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we buy him as a CAM or a LW? Conflicting news
Primarily left but can play in the middle it sounds. Which confuses me as by all accounts he’s nowhere near as effective out wide.

Marco said LW, Marcel said competition for Gylfi.

I think he’ll play all over the place depending on the form of others, opposition, and where Marco sees him after more time in training.

I do however think we’ll see him on the left more than anywhere. If he’s better playing inside, it’s ideal for Digne.

Siggy was not playing CF. CF don’t end up on the edge of their own area while defending and don’t cover more ground than everyone in the team bar Gana.

They do quite regularly.

It’s been obvious for many months now how far forward he plays.

Last week, the stats say he averaged more time further forward than any other player in our team, DCL included.

Maybe we should just pick him for every third game then, and select Bernard for the other two.

Mystery to me how I've never been asked to manage the team.

If you look at some of my previous posts on him mate you may pick - up I was being a tad sarcastic.

I'm just wondering why all of a sudden there is all this hype around him, saying that, he's playing for us now so that's probably why.

I like Gylfi but why do people never consider the fact that if he wasn't here someone else would be and potentially could do better, it's not a case of if Gylfi goes we are knackered, it doesn't work like that.
When the other players we have are in and around the box, they don't get as many chances as Gylfi does and they miss more often than Gylfi does. Apart from Richarlison obviously.

Marco said LW, Marcel said competition for Gylfi.

I think he’ll play all over the place depending on the form of others, opposition, and where Marco sees him after more time in training.

I do however think we’ll see him on the left more than anywhere. If he’s better playing inside, it’s ideal for Digne.
I think we'll see a lot of interchanging between him and Richarlison. Keeping the opposition fullbacks guessing.

They do quite regularly.

It’s been obvious for many months now how far forward he plays.

Last week, the stats say he averaged more time further forward than any other player in our team, DCL included.

I don’t see him as a CF mate. Lewin is our cf and we don’t play 442

Status
Not open for further replies.