Alan Myers

Status
Not open for further replies.

EFCPaul

Player Valuation: £35m
The former director of communications has recently resurfaced on twitter and is engaging with Evertonians again which I think is great seeing as he's a top bloke who will speak to anyone, even the tools who abuse him.

He's been on the Echo's Royal Blue podcast and Toffee TV talking about his 7 months working back at the club and what a special period it was. Always felt he was brilliant at the job and was exactly what was needed at the time to rebuild the trust that had been badly damaged between the club and the fans, especially after the whole badge debacle and the fume at the board for letting Moyes walk out the door for free.

It's a shame him leaving coincided with things first starting to turn sour under Martinez. When Moshiri took over I was hoping he'd bring Alan back but it doesn't seem to be a possibility, oh well.

Thought I'd start a new thread because the old one has been closed. Anyone got any thoughts, would you like him back the club?

Yeah, you can't beat a good Director of Communication.
Would love to see him back.

He was a good part of the reason that season had us flying as a fanbase. The wins helped, but there was such a good feeling around the club, and I give him a lot of credit for that.

Yeah, the best director of communications out there, such an important role. Get him back and we may have a good crack at the top 4.

Has he discussed the terms of his departure?

Suspect he's still under confidentiality clause though tbf

He said on the Echo podcast that there's never been a confidentiality clause and he'd never agree to sign one.

He won't go into specifics about why he left but insists he chose to leave and that he wasn't pushed out. The only thing he's giving away is that he felt he couldn't do the job the way he wanted to do it (e.g. interacting with the fans on twitter). Doesn't take a brainiac to read between the lines to be honest.

He said on the Echo podcast that there's never been a confidentiality clause and he'd never agree to sign one.

He won't go into specifics about why he left but insists he chose to leave and that he wasn't pushed out. The only thing he's giving away is that he felt he couldn't do the job the way he wanted to do it (e.g. interacting with the fans on twitter). Doesn't take a brainiac to read between the lines to be honest.
Makes the statement "the people's club"even more of a joke. Clearly they want fan communication on a stalanist level. Shame really

I thought I read somewhere that he left due to health issues. Thought this looks unlikely with his re-appearance at Blackburn.

Definitely wasn't health as the following day after leaving Everton he took the Blackburn job.

Like someone else has mentioned, I would say it was probably more to do with Everton wanting to restrict how much interaction he had with Everton fans.

The way i read into it, the club didn't want any sort of communication between fans and board level so to speak.

Again this is the same club to get a billionaire owner, stick stories in the press about 100 million plus to spend round about season ticket time and then spend exactly nothing that summer.

Every summer we fans fall for it, every.....single....summer.

So imagine having someone at the club directly in contact with fans, what sort of questions would they be bombarded with? do they really want anyone telling them anything on that front?

Status
Not open for further replies.