AJ Speaks His Mind !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vim Fuego

Player Valuation: £35m
Former Everton striker Andrew Johnson has given several reasons for his move to Fulham, stating that he was no longer happy with the football being played at Everton, and that his former team were desperate for the cash from his sale.

"I just can't believe how well we pass the ball," he said of his new team. "I knew we had some top players but I've been surprised just how good they actually are. We don't ever play long balls, we always try to do it the right way, and it's fabulous for me because we played a lot of long-ball stuff at Everton.

"I will always have good memories of Everton but I have to admit that it had reached the stage where I wasn't enjoying my football there. Moving back south was a factor and always something I wanted to do, but the biggest factor was being happy - and the truth was I didn't feel happy during the end of my time at Everton.

"I'd like to put the record straight because it's been said that I fell out with David Moyes. The truth is that we never had one argument. We got on really well and I've got a lot of respect for him.

"The problem came down to wanting to play in my best position and the fact I was either out of the team or stuck on the right wing, in a position I didn't like. David liked to play 4-5-1, which basically meant there were four strikers going for one place. Yak [Yakubu Ayegbeni] was on fire and there was a lack of midfielders at the club, which meant me playing on the right. It wasn't my position and I was frustrated because I wanted to play through the middle. I was stuck out on the right wing for nine or 10 games and I just think, over time, I lost a bit of confidence and, with that, my form. That's when I stopped enjoying my football.

"I didn't moan, I never caused a problem in the dressing room, I never banged on the manager's door. I kept my head down because I know that footballers are paid an awful lot of money and there's a responsibility to the fans. But it was hard. I don't think anyone at Everton sensed I was unhappy because I made sure I wasn't all doom and gloom around the club but deep down, when I went home, that was when I really felt it.

"In the end I decided I needed to move to get my career back on track. I thought about it all summer. My little boy was starting school in September and I didn't want to hang around and, come Christmas, have to take him out of his new school after only three months. They [Everton] were short of money and, at the stage, hadn't brought in any more midfielders, so I was thinking, 'As soon as we get a couple of injuries, am I going to be stuck out on the right again?' It was make-or-break time."

not saying he shouldve told everyone he was unhappy but he shouldve told someone, otherwise Moyes thinks he's happy on the wing, maybe when he was looking to swap things around he may have given him a go through the middle, or even put him alongside the yak when winning to try it out, if he thought he was happy then probably thought it would put him off his game if he kept swapping him around.

Well we all saw it, vast periods of the game hoofing the ball upfront to 5ft5 AJ and Mr I aint jumping for no headers Yakmesiter. He aint telling us something that we dont already know, but the fact remains he left cos he wasnt going to play much, not cos he was put on the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.