Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can get rid of him and not have to pay anything towards his wages I'd let him go for free to get him off the wage bill and away from the club. Might encourage someone he's worth a punt if he costs nothing apart from wages.

....I can't see many clubs being able to pay that level of wages even if he's on a free, I suspect Everton would have to give him a significant sweetener to get him off the books. It's all good and well folk say get rid of dead wood but it's mighty difficult to move these fellas on.

....I can't see many clubs being able to pay that level of wages even if he's on a free, I suspect Everton would have to give him a significant sweetener to get him off the books. It's all good and well folk say get rid of dead wood but it's mighty difficult to move these fellas on.

I agree, I'd be surprised if we got a fee for him, or got him off the books without having to continue paying part of his wages.

Reason he's still here is he's probably only good enough for a lower end championship club / top end league one club.

Therefore club of that stature can afford his wages.

One of Martinez many flops

This thread should just be shut down or moved to the footballers at home section (although there isn't one).

He will never be seen in an Everton squad again. A terrible signing who was never good enough for this club.

I was genuinely excited when we signed McGeady... Fair to say I've been genuinely disappointed by what I've seen. EPL is just not his level.

He must have just given up on himself. A couple of years ago he looked like he was going to be first choice. He was picking up plenty of goals and assists in preseason, scored that ace goal for us, an amazing goal for Ireland. He gave the ball away a bit too much but he didn't look useless. To go from being there to his complete lack of involvement, it seems like he just can't be bothered.

God what an awful purchase McGeady was. Utterly useless. Putrid.

The idea that he will continue to collect a wage from us for the next two seasons is intolerable.

Just the one season isn't it?

Didn't he sign a three-and-a-half-year deal in Jan 14?

Status
Not open for further replies.