Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did you just compare somebody to Naismith and then use that in your defence?

Think you've taken that the wrong way mate.

What I was trying to say is, having watched both players up here in Scotland for a few years, I would've gone for McGeady over Naismith. I genuinely think that McGeady is more influential and more likely to turn a game than Naismith.

Each to their own.

Think you've taken that the wrong way mate.

What I was trying to say is, having watched both players up here in Scotland for a few years, I would've gone for McGeady over Naismith. I genuinely think that McGeady is more influential and more likely to turn a game than Naismith.

Each to their own.

Mate my cat would offer more than Naismith.

Had a slight rethink on McGeady. If they want to offload for under 3M then he would be a decent addition to the squad. I've watched most of his games for Ireland and like I said earlier he is a frustrating player to watch. Good pace and dribbling ability mixed with the ability to occasionally cross like a toddler. But even though he wastes a large number of chances to deliver good crosses, his stats are fairly decent. So for someone with no end product his numbers compare favourably with our players.

Celtic: P182 G29 A47
Spartak Moscow: P80 G12 A21

He would offer something different than our other wide players with his more orthodox winger style, particularly useful if Coleman or Baines were missing or for games where our fullbacks are pinned back. His biggest negative is obviously a lack of PL experience so he is an unknown quantity at this level. Worth a punt if he's going cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.