Match Thread AFC Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There you go again. You miss the whole point of my post. If you were a fully committed Evertonian you would understand it. Younger Evertonians who are real Evertonians will know what I mean. I listened to the Norman Whiteside Cup Final with a group of United fans, on the beach in Torremolinos were we were selling timeshare for our sins, and the result was the wrong result for me, but you know something? I had the gift of being an Evertonian and that gave me something none of those United fans could never have...being someone very special,a special that would last a life time. I'm not being malicious here(mods take note) but you might have chosen Everton as your club, but you're a long way from being full on Evertonian. Just get your head around the fact that its not just 'Happy to win-Sad to lose'...its far bigger than that. I expect us to win today...but if we don't it won't make me question how much of an Evertonian I am.

Im not questioning how much of an Evertonian I am - win lose or draw I love this club, I never had the choice who to support as my Dad took me to GP week in week out from a very early age.

Beleive me growing up in the 90's if I had a choice I certainly wouldnt have picked supporting Everton if I didnt have a bond with this club!

As I say mate I'll leave it there but your post comes across exactly as I pointed out - as an older supporter you just dont get how hard it is at times keeping the faith and being glass half full when all you've seen is mediocrity and bottling.

Its like a baby boomer in a 4 bed detached house scoffing at youngsters renting until their 40 - you just dont get it.

EEgPmhBXoAAcGLH.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.